Chapter Four

EARTH
2017
WINCHESTER UNIVERSE

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being."
━━━━━ ━━━━━

"Dean! Get your ass in here!" Sam shouts as he runs. The table in the centre of the bunker had broke him out of his sleep, the loud alarms echoing around the empty bunker. "What's going on?" A wide eyed Jack asks, he was already awake when the alarms went off but wouldn't mention it in fear of Deans response.

Looking down at the table, the whole thing was lit up yellow, and then it was gone.

Jack could hear the moment Dean got out of bed, and listened to his footsteps as he arrived in the bunkers main room, still half asleep. "Care to explain every single alarm here is lighting up like a damn tree on Christmas morning?!"

    "Yeah," a panicked Sam responded, "I'm working on it."

Jack observed quietly, and his thoughts drove him back to the strange goosebumps he received while lying on his bed thinking. Before every alarm sounded at once.

    "We've got some sort of angel alarms going off, similar to when they fell out of heaven," Sam states, almost seeming to stutter, "but this is different."

     Sharp stinging in Jacks head forced him to yell out, the angels were conversing, and angel radio was going insane. The pain caused him to fall from his feet as he crouched in the group clinging his ears.

   "Hey...kid you alright?" Dean asked as he slowly approached him. Jack gave a subtle nod in response as Castiel then walked over and helped him back to his feet, placing a supportive hand on his shoulder.

  "The angels are saying a rift was opened," Castiel announces, "we don't know how or why."

"You don't think-" Sam starts,

"Mom..." Dean finishes, grabbing a bag and stuffing anything useful he can into it.

"Dean, you cant just run out, it's the middle of the night," the angel told him, "I know how much Mary means to you but you don't even know where the rift opened or what came through." The angel tried to persuade. But Dean Winchester's mind had been made up, nothing would change it.

     Jack watched as Deans expressions changed, and he slowly began to see how much Dean didn't really hate him, but instead blamed himself for his mother's fate. He wanted to help, for Jack could remember her soft voice as he was born.

   "Well someone has, and we know damn well there's nothing for her in that world," Dean says defeatedly. "She's a Winchester, and Winchester's always come home."

    Dean pushed his emotions aside as much as he could. He had to try. He had to try for her.

*****

    The smell of car fumes threatened to strangle her. The variety of noises of people living their everyday life fascinating her. From car alarms to normal conversations to the people sleeping against the sides of buildings with nothing to their name.

The world was silent, but deafening.

     Along the empty sidewalk, Mali observed the world around her as the realisation hit. She was in A small city, in a world where her father was locked in a cage, where Lucifer and his spawn ran free and where monsters ran wild. It disgusted her.