Chapter Eight

"Sometimes the only pay off for having any faith,
Is when it's tested again and again everyday,"
━━━━━━━━━

    "Where's the girl?" Dean asked as they regained their composure. Mali had been in others heads countless of times, but this was this first time anyone other than Micheal had been in hers, it felt wrong.

  "She's gone," Jack sighed, "how are we supposed to get her?" He asked them, frustrated at himself for loosing her - for loosing the opportunity to help the group around him. He could see how much Mali wanted home and he couldn't blame her, be didn't want to disappoint her.

  "We don't," Mali answered, "we don't need her,"

"But I thought-" Sam began, but Mali had made up her mind. "He can use me," she admitted, "I trust you," she echoed his words back to him as she turned and gave him a light smile.

They couldn't waste any more time, Mali needed to get home and she still hadn't heard any mention of the devil. With little to no grace he would be weak, an easy prey for her father to hunt once he arrived, and with the archangel blade Micheal could kill Lucifer himself this time.

"We can do this," Jack smiled as he made his way towards her, placing an arm on her shoulder which she looked at, confused. "Together,"

   Dean watched how Jack was with the girl, and how confused and dazed she seemed. They were both so innocent but he saw the potential of the destruction they could cause together. He wanted to trust the girl, but the years hadn't been kind to him, those he trusted were those that lied to him the most.

    "Where to?" He asked the girl, watching her carefully , she was stuck between two worlds, one full of good, and one of evil. But it was all up to her which she decided she would be apart of. And for Jacks sake, he really hoped she'd choose right.

*****

The car journey to South Dakota had distracted the girl from the light which slowly turned to darkness, the car remained silent, tensions high as everyone thought about the possibility of what could've been.

"I'm sorry that you have to do this," Jack said to the girl, both of them were sat in the back as the Winchester's exchanged looks in the front. "I know you said earlier that you didn't want too." Jack began to explain.

"I'm doing what I have too," The girl replied, she wouldn't admit she was scared to him, but Mali had heard about the endless nightmares of worlds which made hers look like a paradise. When younger, back when she could still sleep, monsters taunted her nightmares. So much so that she could never dream again. She refused too.

"I can show you," the boy smiled, raising his hand into the air, Mali instantly flinched and moved away from him on instinct, he was still the son of all Ofer and she didn't know what he was capable of.

   "Don't..."She warned and Jacks eyes softened.

"I can show you the worlds that Derek saw, it'll give you something more to think about than yours," he explained, and Mali didn't argue, instead she was interested in seeing which other worlds were out there for her father to explore. It would bring her mind off the nightmares she used to have.

"Okay," she confirmed, looking towards the boy. Carefully, he brought his hand to her forehead and she felt his power flow through her, supernaturally charging her as every atom ignited, every blood cell boiled. Mali's skin grew goosebumps as Jack touched her, and her stomach fell ill.

She saw paradise after paradise in flashes, so much so that her jaw dropped and she broke out into a smile. They were so beautiful, explosions of colours and life everywhere. It just showed how dead hers was because of the humans.