Chapter Twenty-Two

"I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in"
━━━━━ ◦ ✩ ◦ ━━━━━

    "We need archangel grace," Cas sighs as the group discuss their plan. "Gabriel's obviously running a little low, and we don't know how long it'll take Mali to recover. So that leaves exactly one source on Earth."

  "He's our only shot at this," Mali says while holding her tongue, she wanted more than anything to rip his insides out but if she had to hold herself back if it meant getting to Jack in him she was willing to do it. She was a solider and she was going back to war, but inside she was fighting the battle against her heart and losing.

  "No," Sam simply shakes his head, quickly realising what he will need to face. The nephilim girl watched him curiously, how he eyes showed so much fear at a single name. She didn't understand it.

  "I don't like it either, but there is no other way," Castiel stared intensely as he took a deep breath.

   "We need Lucifer." He continued, for all he wanted now to was help Jack. He had made Kelly Kline a promise and if it meant working with the devil to keep it he was prepared the go through with it.

Sams thoughts crowded him as he walked from the room, if he was going to discuss this then it was going to be with his brother and Castiel - his family. But the Hunter didn't stop Mali as she followed them into the kitchen where Sam sunk against the wall.

  "You don't want to save them?" Mali asked gently, she didn't understand what could possibly he taunting Sams mind, and she never could for the girls body was carved by Micheal to destroy any being that tried to enter it.

   "Of course I want mom and Jack back, It's all I want. It's all I can think about," Sam tried to explain as Dean laid back against the grey kitchen table. With his legs crossed over each other he found himself stuck as he didn't want to put his younger brother through the pain of seeing the monster which made his life such a misery.

  A single thought of Lucifer made Deans blood boil with rage.

    "But we've been down this road before. Teaming up with Lucifer-"

  "We're not teaming up with him," Dean interrupts his brother, catching eyes with the Malignant who's confused expression was mixed with that of innocence. "Well explain later kid, we don't have time for a recap right now." He says to her.

   "We just need his grace," Cas says with his hands crossed over his chest.

   "Oh, just," Sam throws his hands up in defeat. Mali was seeing a side to him she'd never been exposed too, the Sam Winchester SHES gotten good know had always remained positive. And if he was so scared of Lucifer and what he could do then it was best she treated him like her equal.

  "We've trapped his ass before!" Dean yells as he tried to get his point across. They were so close to getting Mary. So close.

   "Yes, and every time, it ends up the same way, with the Devil being on the loose again." Sam says in a hurry as he pleads with his friends. "Not this time," Mali promises, "this time you have me to take him out once he's served his purpose."

   Castiel, realising how hurt Sam really was, how messed up inside he was because of Lucifer, realised that the only way Sam would be on board was if Castiel came down to his level to relate with him.

   "Look, Sam," he says after a short period of silence. "I was used by Lucifer, too." He says as he brings himself to his feet and turns himself fully towards Sam. It was the worst possible violation.So I-I'm not taking your reluctance lightly, but he is already out there, and we've been ignoring it and avoiding dealing with him because we're afraid."