Chapter Twenty-Five

"If you love me let me go
'Cause these words are knives that often leave scars
The fear of falling apart"
━━━━━ ◦ ✩ ◦ ━━━━━

"Mali," Jack gently muttered from his lips as he apprehensively took a few steps closer. The girls heart thundered in her chest as she refused to look anywhere but him. She regretted hurting him, and the nephilim would've done anything to go back and relive the day the angels attacked the camp.

"Jack," the girl gently smiled as she filled the gap between them and wrapped her arms around him, closing her eyes as her heart beat synchronised with his. They held each other close, both hurt yet forgiving. Time stood still as the most powerful beings were one for the first time in the history of the universe.

    Slowly, the nephilim both let go of each other - innocent smiles on each of their faces.

"You came back...you're here," Jack smiled at the girl as he turned to Castiel - his eyes unable to hide his disbelief.

Mali wore a face like she was expecting anger from Jack, anger that didn't exist. All he felt for her was respect, the urge to keep her safe and protected - even when Jack knew she was perfectly capable of doing that herself. Mali won't accept it just yet, she still had so much misplaced guilt. The pair were still kids, growing into her adult body's and powers. Mali had made her own mistakes, and she still needed to forgive herself for them.

Sam watched on carefully as his family approached him, and if Mali didn't learn to forgive herself then she'd never let Jack in to help her heal.

  "I'm so sorry," the girl apologised. "I never should've ran from you I-"

  "It's okay," Jack gently spoke to her, his voice soft. "I understand."

Their eyes spoke poems to each other, poems of hurt and pain, poems of love and admiration. Both beings were the balance, both easily able to tip the scales of good and evil, the scales of destruction and peace.

  "Castiel, I'm so glad to see you," Jacks smile grew wider as the angel brought him into a tight hug. Castiel couldn't express how good it felt to hold Kelly Klines child in his arms again - the son she would never give up on, the son he would never give up on.

  "Are you okay?" The angel checked, spinning the boy around as he looked for injures. Content that there was none, Castiel dropped his arms back down to his side. Every waking second the angel had worried about the boy, and knowing he was okay put his mind at peace.

Mali gently glanced over to Sam who took small steps towards his mother, eyes wide and his clothes still torn from the vampires. After begging Micheal and making the deal which would haunt her for the rest of her existence, Mali found Sam lying in a pile of his own blood. His eyes only opening once she gently placed a hand on his chest.

   Mary brought a hand up to her sons face, checking that he was real before she collapsed into his arms with a heartbroken smile on her face. He was okay, her baby Sammy was alive and okay.

  Sam was still a little confused, he couldn't remember much as he held onto his mom, only that he was screaming out to Dean before everything went dark. He had shouted out in the darkness but he was alone, until he wasn't. In a flash of light Mali was in front of him, eyes glowing and wings spread.

  She had saved him, it was her that had brought him back. Quickly glancing over to her as she spoke with Jack and Castiel he could see her exhaustion, she was trying to hide it - and failing. Sam knew how it felt to try and hide it, he understood the pain of pushing past his limits. The girl was still recovering from the moment she fell through the portal in the bunker, and to push herself to not only bring back Sam but deliver him home had taken into toll on the girls strength.