Chapter Seventeen

EARTH
2017
WINCHESTER UNIVERSE

"I tried so hard, and got so far.
I'm the end, it doesn't even matter."
━━━━━ ━━━━━

Dean Winchester had on that day, not been very successful. He saved his friend Charlie, but she wouldn't go with him to his world. He heard about his mother and Jack yet he couldn't find them. He had tried his best and got nothing in return.

The portal that started closing behind him forced whatever hope Dean had left, to disappear with it. As he turned away from it with his head held low, he was thrown from his feet onto the cold ground of the bunker with something on top of him.

"What the hell!" Dean shrieked as he tried to move, but blonde hair covered his eyes and face. Pushing whatever had came through the portal off of him the hunter scrambled to his feet as the others looked inwards, Sammys face in complete shock.

Mali watched as the familiar blonde quickly jumped to her feet and pulled out her gun on the group. "Move and I'll shoot," the huntress warned as she glared at them all individualy, and Dean could feel his heart sink to the bottom of his chest - down to where he'd hidden his feelings and guilt for the last 7 years.

"No..." Dean could barely whisper, his body frozen. She was dead, she'd been dead for years because of him. She looked the exact same, she was the same.

"Hands up!" Jo shouted at the Winchester whos eyes remained wide as he stared at her, his lips slightly parted.

"Dean," Sam warned, trying to snap his older brother out of it. But as Sam shouted to his brother the huntress spotted it, the evil of the world directly in front of her. Every feeling overwhelmed the hunter at once as Jo felt her vision turn red. "You."

Everything happened too quickly as Jo Harvelle emptied an entire clip of angel blades shards into Mali's body, who stood and watched as the bullets entered her flesh. The girl did not flinch. While Jo was distracted, Sam had managed to disarm her while Dean grabbed Cas out of her firing range. Just one of those bullets would kill Cas, and Dean wasn't sure how much he trusted Mali to bring him back again from the empty.

"Enough!" Sam warned as he pinned her down, but her eyes refused to leave Mali's as she lay on the ground.  Jo screamed as she thrashed against Sam and his large figure, but he held her down and couldn't help but feel horrible as Dean and Castiel watched her crumble beneath them.

Mali, unable to bear watching the girl struggle anymore took several small steps towards Jo where she softly brought her hand to Jo's head against her protests. "My family...my friends are dead because of you,"Jo's eyes watered as Mali's glowing golden eyes was the last thing she saw before her eyelids fluttered shut.

The young nephilim sat back on her knees as slowly Sam let go of her. Deans breathing was sharp as he could feel his emotions overwhelm him. He wanted to cry, because everything he'd done had been useless. He felt angry because before him stood a being far worse than Michael, right in front of him was his puppet.

"Did you just kill her?" Dean found himself steadily getting closer to the monster, he didn't have a single item on him that could hurt her - but his bare fists would do. "Dean..." Sam tried, he could see how irrational his brother was. Mali clearly wasn't the bad guy here. Their war was with the other world and Michael, Mali was their only playing card without Jack.

Dean slowly made his way over to Jo where he got a good look at her as she lay peacefully. It seemed that no matter what world Jo harvelle was in, her life was cursed to be unhappy or taken before she was due. Pushing a strand of blonde hair from her face Dean carefully lifted the girl up into his arms and down the corridor so that she could sleep. He couldn't even imagine what living in her world would be like, for he struggled and felt tired after a single day.