Chapter Eighteen

"I'm gonna love ya, until you hate me, and now I'm gonna show ya what's really crazy."
━━━━━ ◦ ✩ ◦ ━━━━━

"Hey Dean, I got nothing," Sam sighs as he pushes his computer away from him. "There's no trace of either archangels. The hunters I've spoken to will phone me if they know anything, Jody too."

"You're telling me that in this world, you have both Lucifer and Gabriel running around loose?" Jo asks, placing down a book Sam had given to fill her in on the basic details of their life.

  "And somehow my world became apocalyptic."

"Technically there's three if you count the cage."Dean confirmed as he joined them, a bottle in his hand and a plate full of bacon in the other. He had struggled to adjusting to Jo being around, it confused him. And Jo had noticed the guilt on his face every time she was near.

"So in every dimension, there's one of me? Or of you and the archangels?" Jo asked as she stole a piece of bacon from Deans plate, he wasn't impressed. But he'd always had a thing for a girl that took what she wanted.

"Not that we know of, every dimension seems to be different because of one particular decision-"

"Our mom never accepted a deal in your world, and here we cancelled the apocalypse in ours. Boom two different timelines." Dean explained painfully, he knew exactly where the conversation was heading and he wasn't ready to face it. Years of hiding those emotions and pain he felt over Jo's death threatened to reach the surface.

  So with his empty plate Dean got up, leaving Sammy and Jo themselves. Cas had gone to speak to heaven, for if they could find Gabriel maybe they could get Jack and Mary back for good, and send Mali back to the ruins she created. But recently she had kept herself isolated in her room, the further from him the better.

   "So, over here. Do you think I could track myself down or would that be weird? Or maybe even if I see the life that I got, one where I have my parents. Shit, I can see my mom again." Jo Harvelle realised, her face lighting up.

  But once she got a look at Sams expression she knew something was up. He couldn't hide something to save himself, he looked like a sad puppy with his sad eyes and frown.

"You both knew me...didn't you?"

  And with Sams small nod the girl sighed. That's why the boys were both so shocked once they saw her, they were looking at a ghost from their past. The Jo Harvelle from this world was dead and buried.

Slowly, the smart huntress placed everything together as she filled in the gaps. Dean wasn't being distant because he was an asshole, he felt guilty and responsible for what had happened to her.

  "My parents?" The girl questioned, her voice hopeful - but her gut answered for her. They were gone too. Jo wanted to be upset, but she had already mourned her parents deaths a long time ago.

  "Did I die well?"

  "You saved Dean and me, you and Ellen lay down your lives so that we could get Lucifer...and we did. You didn't die for nothing, you saved us all." Sam gently smiled as he reflected back on his memories from so long ago.

  Had Ellen and Jo not taken out those hellhounds Sam and Dean would've met the same fate that day. Sometimes they forgot how many people they lost, being around the Winchesters was a signed contract with death.

  Jo remained silent as her thoughts flowed around her head. Nothing mattered, she was cursed. No matter what life she lived it was doomed to be filled with hurt and pain. And if there was anyone in the entire multiverse of worlds that understood, it was Sam and Dean Winchester.