Chapter Eleven

"Oh, father tell me,
do we get what we deserve?"
━━━━━ ━━━━━

    Finding Bobby Singer was more convenient than Jo had thought it was going to be. The prophet and herself came across the hunter with the girl's friends while they were out looking, things had seemingly worked perfectly. Micheals game must've been off if he was to loose three prisoners within the same day.

     The small group of humans then found themselves walking towards one of the last colonies across America. If not the only.

   Jo had deliberately kept separate from them for years, she preferred keeping her own company as she scavenged the wastelands. Loosing her family had hurt her but it didn't destroy her, loosing her family's friends then tore her down and soon Jo found herself alone. She watched everyone she ever cared about burn to prevent their souls being stuck on this barren pathetic excuse of a planet, their ashes joining that of the millions of innocents.

She'd watched as year by year the colonies would disappear. The one they were going too would eventually aswell, and Jo made sure she didn't get close enough to mourn anyone she could get close too.

   She turned her gaze to the prophet, the young girl with raven hair and eyes. Her face was kept hidden behind her rags, something she had asked for before she found her friends. Jo didn't push the subject further and watched the girl stumble as the ground began to turn from the ash of cities into the untouched woodland the colony was hidden in.

   Jack too had noticed how much Mali had began to trip over her feet, he didn't understand why. They were both all powerful so why did the girl seem so pale all of a sudden. The further into the woods they travelled Jack could feel the slight sting of the warding painted onto the trees against angels.

   Mary and Bobby walked together for the majority of the journey, catching up on everything they possibly could. Jack walked at the opposite side of Mary, unknowingly protective over her. He could see the scars on her from the torture and he knew he couldn't heal her in front of the others or they'd cast him out.

   Micheal had tortured her because of him, the reason she was here was because he had to go and open a stupid portal. Jack would protect Mary until her last breath, no harm would come to her again...that's how he'd make it up to Sam and Dean. That's how he was going to be good.

   Mali stood between Jack and Jo as they walked, torches lit up the path towards the camp and Mali could feel herself becoming light-headed from the loss of grace. It would come back again, it had too but she only needed time. The warding was hurting her and the long walk had drained the girl.

    Jack took another glance over at the girl watched as her leg stumbled over a tree root, everything happened so fast as her eyes seemed to roll the back of her head as her eyelids fluttered shut.

    The girl landed in the soil with a thud as Jack managed to gently break her fall by wrapping his hand around the back of her neck, preventing her from hitting her head against the cold ground.

    "What the hells wrong with her?" Bobby asked as he made his way over, the girl's face was still covered and she had on the casual clothes from Jacks world which meant she didn't stand out too much. They both had to hide their identities if they were going to get in.

   "I think she's dehydrated," Mary answered as she checked over the girl, how was it possible for such a powerful being to be so weak? Then she saw the small scar under the girl's neck which Jack had also noticed.

   Both of the other-worlders exchanged worried looks and to avoid any more attention, Jack swiftly placed an arm under the girl's legs and swooped her into his arms as they continued walking, thy had to get to the camp where they'd be safe.