Chapter Twelve

"You  fascinated me,
cloaked in shadows and secrecy."
━━━━━ ━━━━━

  Everyone at the camp was fascinated by Jack. Enchanted by his kind eyes and warm soul. Mali had kept herself separate as much everyone as she could. The sadness in their eyes reflected the guilt in hers, she had caused their pain and suffering, not Micheal not Lucifer. Her, and it was time to accept that.

  "Hey kid, come here!" Mary shouted to her as she sat herself, and warily she stood up and walked over to her. Mali couldn't help but take a step back as Mary raised a hand to her forehead, and her expression softened once she saw the girl's reaction.

"You don't look very well," Mary sighed, "have been eating anything recently? Got any rest?"

"No I don't eat or sleep much," The girl replied, staring down at the ground in shame. She didn't fit in and she never would.

"Yeah sorry I forgot about that," she smiled,"I've been hunting nearly my whole life yet I still have no idea where to begin with you or Jack." The woman then began walking and Mali followed as they clattered along the trail of mud.

"You're very similar you know," Mary continued as they stopped, Jack happened to be over with the kids a great big smile on his face as he created shadows which resembled animals.Mali found herself just as fascinated by his shadows as the kids.

  "You look at me like you know me, and I see guilt in your eyes," Mary began, her voice stern,"What are you hiding from me?"

Mali was apprehensive about answering but she figured it was time to let loose, no more lying. "Bobby told you that the you from here was killed by Azazel, and that was true." She started, "but I was there too."

Mary kept quiet as she flashed her eyes down to the ground.

   "I was tracking Azazel," The nephilim continued, "and he was tracking you."

   "He was up to his usual business, preying on what humans were left he made deals in exchange that he could give them his blood. He wanted to create more of the demon blooded children he used in the war to defend himself."

  "And that's when he realised you were the key, you were always the key to everything, your womb held the power to create the strongest demon blooded child, but you were alone and he'd ruined everything by killing John Winchester."

"I went to kill him but you got in the way," she turned to Mary, her eyes filling with guilt,"your life was expendable and if I got to kill the last prince then maybe Micheal would've stopped," the tears ran from her eyes. "I just wanted him to stop."

Mary placed an arm on the girl and brought her into her shoulder where she wept. She didn't want to continue opening old wounds but if they were going to kill Micheal they needed to know everything.

"What did you want him to stop?" Mary asked, and she could feel the girl freeze in her arms.

"He messes with my head, h-he got in my head to look for his brothers within our world," The girl looked up to her with her large brown eyes,"and in others."

"I've seen it too, in her head I mean," Jack sympathised as he walked over alone. Mali found herself sitting up straight, and anxiously wiped the tears from under her eyes. She didn't want him to see her in a weakened state.

"She can do things I can't and I think Micheal hid more about her than we realised," he said while taking a seat beside them. Jack could see how broken down the girl was, he wanted to explain the plans the humans had been making to kill the angels, the resistance stood a chance of actually winning.