Chapter Fourteen

"Listen, the distance between us could've took a while,
Once we closed the distance, you'd turn up like a friend of mine's."
━━━━━ ━━━━━

   Mali could've laughed, Micheal wasn't going to kill her because he needed her, he'd always needed her.

  He'd planned it from the beginning, his very own portal maker with the powers to destroy. It all made sense why he was looking for his father, he'd left their dimension - and Micheal needed her to find out where he'd gone. He needed her to search.

All along she could've opened the portals herself, she didn't need Jack, she didn't even need Micheal.

   And that's when she could sense it, off into the distance, the faint pull of archangel grace. It was different to before, for Jacks portal drew her near months before because because he was another nephilim, a mirrored image of herself.

   The girl took off towards it, she couldn't stay here anymore. The humans and angels both wanted her dead, though Mali didn't want to leave Jack and Mary, she had no choice.

   There'd be better off without her anyways. She was evil, manipulative and undeserving of friends.

   The girl found that the ground beneath had had gradually turned to snow, and as she kept walking she could hear the cries of a man. Wary, she walked in the general direction of what possibly could've a trap, she knew the angels well.

But instead a Gruffy man lay clinging to his knee where blood poured out. He too spotted her, and he cried out for help as his blood coated the white snow. But Mali wouldn't help him, she knew what he was, she knew what he did.

   He was worse than the angels, a monster who would sell his own race to them in exchange for money - humanity's biggest downfall. She glared down at him and remained silent as she kept walking towards the portal, the crunch of the snow beneath her feet.

   She hoped he would die painfully.

The man continued to scream on her, louder now as he realised she was leaving him to die. Mali turned one last time to look at him, and the tears which ran down his bruised face. Yet Mali's heart had no room for the cracked emotion of compassion.

The girl took a deep breath and stepped forward, not caring where it took her or even what lay at the other side. There, she knew she'd be free, free from Micheal, free from the apocalypse and free from the growing emotion she couldn't resist was growing for Jack. She cared about him, something she didn't think she was capable of.

The girl took a step through the portal where she was greeted with the familiar flash of light, the jumping between worlds. So when the girl felt her feet hit the ground once again was where she felt the confidence to open her eyes.

And to Mali's surprise she ended back up in Jacks home, the home of the Winchester's. Their bunker.

It was quiet, all things seemed the same from when she'd left months ago. It gave her a sense of nostalgia and she saw it in a different light considering she wasn't in handcuffs. But as the girl took several steps on the wooden floor, it created loud creaks to which led her to feel a blade stick into her back.

"Where's Dean?" It threatened, but the girl was content, she knew the Micheal from her world held the only weapon that could kill her. Whatever was pinned against her back wouldn't impact her.

The girl forced herself back onto the blade until it stuck out the other side of her, no longer could it's user hold it, and as the girl turned around into the shocked eyes of Sam Winchester, she pulled the angel blade out from the other side of her before handing the blood soaked blade back to the hunter.