Chapter Sixteen

EARTH
2017
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

"This is our time, no turning back,
we could live legends."
━━━━━━━━━━

  Jack Kline sat and watched the sun set between the trees as the ashes rose from the fire. Another day had passed, and there was no sign of Mali. She'd gone and she'd left him and Mary behind.

He didn't understand, he didn't know what to do. He constantly replayed their last moments together. Where he killed the angels that were coming to kill the innocent humans around them. He didn't have a choice.

  He relived the moment he was forced to chose, chose his own mind, choose Mali. Or watch those he loved around him die by Micheal's hand.

  The boy was young but he wasn't indignant, he didn't blame Mali for leaving or being the way she was, he blamed Micheal. And he was going kill him for it.

He was going to kill him for what he'd one to his world, for what he had done to Mali and Mary, for what he threatened to do to the Winchester's.

The timbres in the fire in front of Jack reflected the anger in his irises. The boy shut his eyes and sighed as he pictured the hurt in his friends eyes, how she begged him not to kill Zachariah. Jack thought he was doing the right thing, he thought he was freeing her from his mind games. But the angel had put such an influence in the girl's head that she actually believed she liked him.

And Jack never got to the chance to tell her that.

  "Hey," Jo lightly smiled as she sat beside Jack, careful not to get too close. The hunter was wary of him, and her fear of what the nephilim could do still ran through her veins. She blamed herself for the five bodies which were buried in the camp from the attack.

  The five innocents that lost their lives because she was stupid enough to walk the Malignant right in.

  "Hello," Jack grinned back at the girl, sensing her apprehensiveness - he understood how difficult it would be for Jo to trust another nephilim. The evidence of what Mali had done to this world surrounded them every single day.

    "Are you ready to leave?" She asked the young boy. Bobby had spoken to Jo separately with Mary, and with the power Jack possessed it was time they took the fight to Micheal. A small group excluding Bobby were tasked with saving as many humans as possible from the camps while trying to get Jack to Micheal.

  They were set on leaving as soon as the children had gone to sleep.

"Indeed," Jack sighed as he stood up and began walking alongside the human. The more Jack walked the more he felt his anger running through his veins, it made his powers uncontrollable. It made him dangerous.

Realising the fist the nephilim had been clutching, he took a deep breathe as he walked with Jo to the small group waiting on them. Among them was Mary.

"We all set?" She asked before lifting a bag onto her back.

"Yeah Mary, we're good," a tall man with dark skin replied as he followed her to the entrance at the camp. Together the group set out, hopeful that by the time the sun rose again they would return with more of their kind spared.

   Jack stayed with the group as they endured the harsh weather of nature, and when they thought it was at its worst, the heavens proved them wrong as the rain and hail poured down on them.

  "Keep moving!" Mary ordered as many of the group used their bagpacks for shelter. Hearing the struggles of someone behind him, Jack turned to help a man back onto his feet after he slid on the mud.