Chapter Nine

EARTH
2017
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

"That cold black cloud is comin' down
Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door"
━━━━━━━━━━

Inside of Mali's head was pounding, opening her eyes she got a glimpse of Jack beside her who fluttered his eyes open gently. Much quicker than her, he got up and helped her as he extended a hand. Instinctively, she grabbed it and was brought up to her feet from the cold damp ground of the church.

Together, they both turned around and watched as Mary Campbell stared down at them from her cage, her body weak. "Mary," The boy smiled, "we're here to to save you."

   "Your sons Sam and Dean sent us," The nephilim finished, a subtle smile on his face. He had hope, he really had hope.

Jack was confused as Mali then took a step in front of him, blocking him from Mary's view. The woman in the cage then tried to speak, her voice only coming out in muffled groans. Mali knew she was trying to warn him, but Jack was too naive to see it.

"No Jack," Mali sighed, "You're not."

Using her power Mali threw the boy across the room and through the church wall. But she knew that it wouldn't be enough to weaken him, so removing the archangel blade from behind her she approached him as he got back up onto his feet, eyes wide and questioning.

Mali's heart stung with they way he was looking at her, she could feel the disappointment in his eyes as she betrayed him. She took a step closer, and apologised as she swung for him with the blade, missing as he ducked and tripped her with his leg.

Both nephilim found themselves on the ground scrambling for the blade and the upper hand. Grabbing the blade again while on the ground Mali pushed it into the boys leg, and he screamed out in agony as blood began to pour from it.

    It could hurt them, it could actually hurt them.

Dropping the blade from her hands the girl took several steps back once she'd realised what she'd done, she didn't understand why she sympathised with his pain. Maybe it was because she realised that she was no longer invincible.

Jack then launched a chair into the girl, reminding himself of the pencil he used to practise with. I can move the pencil, he told himself, the chair is the same. At a rapid speed it crashed into her, forcing her from her feet as what tiles were left on the church began to fly up into the air.

   The churches foundations shook as the power which was exposed from both beings threatened to tear apart the ground. In the dark room the only exposure of light was the golden eyes from both beings which the darkness hid behind.

   Both eyes glared each other down as the earth stood still in hesitation.

Picking up the blade, Jack felt he had no choice but to defend himself, so as he approached the girl while she attempted to get back on her feet, he brought the golden blade high above his head. He killed monsters, he reminded himself, Sam and Dean taught him to kill monsters.

   Yet the young boy struggled against himself, if he killed her wouldn't it make him the monster?

Jack screamed out while lowering the blade down to the girl, using his whole body weight to lower it to her chest as she lay frozen, eyes wide. But another blast from a different direction sent him flying through the air to beside the cage where a weak Mary glanced down at him.