Chapter Two

"You've got no place to hide.
And I'm feeling like a villain, got a hunger inside."
━━━━━ ◦ ✩ ◦ ━━━━━

   "You're dead," Mali found herself struggling to breathe. The images all hit her head at once, causing her to feel disorientated as the memories crashed down on her. The obliteration of entire cities as Micheal fought Lucifer, his army running out of the open gates of Hell.

   The blood shed as angel fought demon, destroying anything that got in their way. The images of her ripping apart the Princes of Hell who dared to oppose her, Jesse the Antichrist slaughtering humans as he yielded his power from Lucifer. Azazel, leading an army of humans bread with his demon blood in their systems. Monsters plummeting into each other as the humans fought each other to survive.

And mostly of all Mali remembered the fear she saw in Lucifers eyes as she became the angel blade she was supposed to be, destroying him in the sky during the dark starry night. The power she felt as she watched his dead vessel collapse to the ground from the sky.

   That was the night their salvation had truly begun.

Panicking from the sight of Lucifer, Mali forced herself up to heaven where she attempted to alert everyone she could, freezing when she learned that her father was on earth conversing with the monsters. Micheal often hid his presence from her, so even she couldn't track him.

Running into Zachariah, the older angel looked pleased when the young girl arrived in his presence, welcoming her with open arms.
  "Just the angel I wanted to see," he smiled down at her, ignoring the rubble of which heaven was made of. Mali didn't know how to react to being called 'angel' for she had believed her entire short life that she wasn't worthy of it. To the angels, humans and monsters she was the Malignant, nothing else.

The only person who didn't refer to her with the title was her father.

With the small amount of angels remaining, Heavens power grew weaker, and only the strongest angels survived the harsh journey to its realm, those who failed ending up trapped between the wall of two worlds. Lost forever. With almost no income of souls from reapers, the bright light of Heaven gradually drained away as the dead haunted the earth.

"While I was here I noticed a strange surge in nephilim energy, what have you been doing child?" He asked her, eyes staring at her accusingly as he sat as his desk. She knew he was talking about the portal, but there was no possible way that she could have caused the phenomenon, her powers were indeed unpredictable but even she didn't possesses that amount of strength.

"While on earth I encountered a strange rift," Mali found herself struggling to speak, very suddenly she could sense a group of angels leaving heaven. And if they were indeed going to where the rift stood they would all be slaughtered single handedly by Lucifer. She'd seen it happen before.

   With a exhale of a breathe, Mali left to chase after them. The scars of watching angels being slaughtered opening again.

Racing down to earth as quickly as she could, she landed herself in front of the group of angels interrogating Lucifer, her wings pointed in an effort to protect those who stood behind her. As long as she guarded them then they were protected , and as her eyes met Lucifers all he do was smile in return.

"Ah," He seems to laugh," just what I needed...angels...hey guys nice to see you again," he waves to her before turning to face the blonde woman behind him, Mali was taken aback as Mary Campbell stared back intensely, but it wasn't possible...she was just as dead as Lucifer was.

"Cmon Mary, introduce yourself," he says, dragging the disgusted woman to his side. The stunning woman put up as much of a fight as she could before landing on her knees in the sand.