Chapter Twenty-Three

EARTH
2017
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things."
━━━━━ ◦ ✩ ◦ ━━━━━

  The group found the air swiped from their lungs as they rolled down a steep portal upon exit. Mali was quickest to regain her balance, landing on her feet. And she watched in confusion as the others tumbled down to the bottom of the hill on top of each other.

Mali watched as Jo landed close to Dean with a thud, and as Gabriel landed on top of Castiel in a questioning position.

   "Well, that was fun," Gabriel says sarcastically as they all climb to their feet, brushing off the leaves and dirt from their clothes. "I could've used a heads up about this landing site."

  "Yeah," Dean agrees, "thought we'd get spit out in the same spot, but this isn't it."

  "The rifts are hard to understand, almost like each one has their own identity," Mali tried to explain,"we're closer to Jack and Mary with this rift than with the one you opened first time round."

   "All right, well, Charlie -- the other Charlie -- said that Mary and Jack have an outpost in Dayton."

  "Okay then, where are we?" Sam Winchester asked, his eyes jumping between Cas and Mali's for an answer.

"Uh, Kentucky." The angel answered.

  "Northeast Kentucky," the girl smiled, a little more specific.

  "Or what used to be Kentucky." Jo confirmed as she began walking, and Mali's eyes hit the ground as she sighed before she began to follow the group. It did used to be Kentucky, until she came along and screwed over the world. Now it was ashes and ruins.

"Two days by foot, that way." Dean confirmed, pointing north as he too began walking with Jo, Sam beside him.

  "After you," Castiel gently smiled as Mali walked alongside Gabriel while the humans all walked together. "If I was stronger I could've gotten us all straight to the camp, or even gone there myself just to check on them and bring them back."

The girl spoke with worry in her tone, she was scared of what Jack might do to himself once he'd taken down Micheal, he didn't know it but he couldn't be killed by Micheal.

And those who were power hungry were the most corrupt. And Jack was the more powerful being.

  "It's not your fault kid," Gabriel sighed, "we all have good days and bad days, we don't always win every fight."

"Speaking of, what did that to you, your wounds were like none I've ever seen before?" Castiel asked as thunder rumbled in the sky and rain droplets gently began to pour onto the group.

"I-I was so sick of sitting in that room trapped in the bunker, I just wanted to prove myself. I'm supposed to be the key to other world because my mother was a dreamwalker, so I tried to get back to Jack because I could see that he was starting a revolution. The portal opened and I went through-" the girl stopped, the painful memories of the truth haunting her. "It wasn't this world I arrived in but another apocalyptic world."