🍲Norenmin🍲

INFO**

Renjun decides to go out for snacks and meets Jeno and Jaemin on the way. Their all there to eat snacks so why not eat them together?
_____________

Renjun was exhausted, he was 2 weeks behind his assignment from procrastinating and now it was due next week. He had to prepare for his speech and finish his essay and he only had 4 days left. So here he was, walking to the convenience store for snacks and coffee in the middle of Winter.

It was late at night and he was on the verge of collapsing and sleeping right there and then, but he really had to get started on his stupid assignment.

Renjun quietly murmurs to himself as he slips his hands in his pockets. "The one time I need coffee...i don't have it." If was true, his cabinet was completely full of Jasmine tea with no coffee in sight. Renjun was really starting to regret drinking the only coffee he had left the day before.

He could be at home right now, warm and cozy as he sips on his coffee. Maybe he wasn't to fond of doing his essay but he would be warm, not out here about to drop dead from the cold and exhaustion.

Renjun really felt like he could cry from all this stress, he really hated himself for not getting started on this earlier. He could be done by now, sleeping like usual in the comforts of his fluffy bed.

Soon Renjun could see the small store from the distance, neon lights making it easier to spot in the darkness. It felt like he was walking for hours from his heavy feet and eyes closing shut every minute.

Renjun places his hands on the cold handle, softly pushing open the heavy door. A soft jingle came from the bells hanging above the doorway, a small lazy "welcome," Coming from the cashier. His eyes clenched shut as he walked into the brightly lit store, looking around the area for a moment before walking to an empty aisle.

He wasn't expecting to see anyone except for the cashier on the edge of falling asleep at the front desk. It was late at night and most teenagers would be at home by now, sleeping or studying.

But Renjun could see two more boys browsing the aisles, hands full of chips and drinks. Silently whispering to each other as they grabbed more drinks. It looked like they were eating for 4 people and not 2.

As he walked closer to the two boys he recognized them as Jeno and Jaemin. Two of the popular boys from his grade, they were really nice too. Unlike the popular snobby rich kids you see in those really bad movies.

Jeno and Jaemin were also REALLY cute. Jeno having an adorable eye smile and Jaemin being cute in general. But he was too tired to acknowledge them right now, he was just here to grab his food and get out.

"...Renjun? Is that you?" Renjun silently groans hearing Jaemin's voice. It's not like he hated the two, he really just wanted to get back to the warmth of his sheets. "Hey Jaemin, Jeno" Renjun turns around to quickly greet the two, hoping to leave it at that and go back to being alone.

"What are you doing out this late?" Jeno questions, his head tilts to the side as he looks at him. "Need to finish the essay Mr. Kim assigned to us, so I'm out here...for snacks and coffee ya know," Renjun mumbles, shifting awkwardly under their stares.

"Really?! Us too, maybe you should join us? We can share our snacks," Jaemin smiles as he waits patiently for his answer. Jenos eyes turns into crescents as renjun glances at him.

"I-im..." Jaemins face turns even brighter hearing Renjun speak up, he really looked like a little puppy waiting for his owner.

He really didn't have the time for this, but who was he to reject jeno and Jaemin. "I'll join you, but only 30 minutes ok?" Renjun sighs at his predicament.

______________

Renjun secretly smiles as Jeno drags him to the park near by, Jaemin was already seated on the swings with an open can of soda and chips. "Finally Jeno, you took forever to get here with Renjun" Jaemin says with a whine, he sounded like a whining kid.

"Well I'm sorry but I'm the one with most of the food" Jeno mumbles as he plops onto the mulch. He leans against the swing set and sets the snacks in between his lap. Jaemin rolls his eyes at his bestfriend before glancing at an awkwardly standing Renjun. "Come sit over here" He pats the swing next to him.

Renjun quietly takes a seat next to Jaemin. After a moment of silence renjun slowly gets comfortable on the swings. He enjoyed the silence. Renjun takes a sip of his sweet coffee as he stares at the night sky.

One thing about Renjun was that he couldn't stand strong coffee, it would make his stomach hurt and it just tasted nasty. He'd seen Jaemin walk into school with an extra dark coffee more than once; he couldn't image drinking something that strong.

"You want one? " Jeno picks up a small bag of potato chips as he stares at the smaller Chinese boy. "Yes please" Jeno throws the bag at him, letting out a chuckle when Renjun completely fails in catching the bag. Renjun turns bright red hearing Jaemin laugh at him, bending down to pick up the chips and angrily munch on them.

"Renjunnie is angwy~" Jaemin teases the poor boy even more, poking his cheek with an annoying smile. "Get your finger off my cheek or you're facing consequences" Renjun mumbles seriously.

"What can a lwittle baby d-" Jaemin stops mid sentence when Renjun turns his head and bites his poor finger. Jaemin quickly retreats, grabbing his injured finger and whining to Jeno. "Jeno! He bit me Jeno only snickers at his stupid friend, rolling his eyes when he feels a soft slap to his shoulder. "You're not listening to me!"

"Serves you right" Renjun says as he drinks his coffee smugly. Renjun laughs hearing Jaemin scoff, a small smile was graced upon his lips though.

renjun wasn't expecting this to be so fun, he didn't know how long it's been either but right now he didn't care. It felt like he's been friends with Jeno and Jaemin for forever. But in reality this was the first time he's been out with them. Maybe he wanted to do this more.

__________________

"Renjun do you really have to go?" Jaemin whines behind him, they were all in front of his house bidding Renjun a goodbye. The two had decided to walk their new friend home saying that it was dangerous and he could get hurt.

Renjun didn't mind though, their presence really did make him happy. Maybe a little too happy but let's not talk about that.

"It's 2 in the morning Jaemin, and as much as I want to stay with you two I still have that essay waiting."

Jeno and Jaemin only pout before nodding. "How about we exchange numbers? You can meet our friends too" Jeno smiles seeing Renjun nod a bit too enthusiastically.

The three boys take a moment to exchange numbers before Renjun smiles up at the two. "Thank you for tonight, it was really fun" Renjun smiles once more before retreating inside.

Jeno and Jaemin only smile watching the smaller boy disappear from their sight.

"We should tell him soon" Jaemin giggles as he takes Jeno's hands into his. "We should"