night

jimin couldn't sleep. he couldn't even think, nor stand straight.

it was late at night, 2:38 am. the small male was downstairs in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, a warm glass of tea in his hand. he shivered, feeling a chill going up his neck.

he let out a sigh after placing the glass down on the marble top. jimin had a dance competition tomorrow (technically today since it's the next day, 2:38 am.), and he couldn't stop thinking about it.

he and jungkook, his boyfriend, had both agreed to go to bed early so jimin could wake up, get ready for the day, and slay the competition.

but that didn't go quite as planned. of course, jungkook had immediately dozed off into dreamland, one arm wrapped around jimin's waist. but jimin couldn't sleep. he was afraid and nervous. he spent what felt like hours just staring up at the ceiling, listening to the crickets. somehow, jimin had managed to slip away from his boyfriend's grip, making his way downstairs.

he rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hand before beginning to let out a silent sob. he was nervous. so nervous.

jungkook had awoken from the bed feeling empty

jungkook had awoken from the bed feeling empty. he was lying on his back, stretching his arms afterwards before flipping onto his stomach, reaching his arm out in hopes of landing on jimin's waist, but instead, it hit the cold sheets.

jungkook lifted his head up, eyebrows furrowed and eyes squinting. he couldn't see that well in the dark, but the moon gave a good enough light for him to see. jungkook called out jimin's name, thinking he was just in the bathroom.

no response.

"jimin?" he called out again, groaning before throwing the blankets aside, getting out of bed.

he shuffled over to the bathroom, seeing that jimin wasn't there. he let out a tired sigh before rubbing his eyes.

he walked back out, standing still, itching the back of his head. he dropped his hand again, just standing for a few seconds before tilting his head over to the doors, which were opened.

jungkook then figured jimin would be downstairs. he made his way down the stairs before walking to the kitchen.

"jimin?" jungkook's voice came out hoarse and deep.

jimin jumped, removing his hands from his eyes before snapping his head up.

"jungkook?" jimin hurried over to him. "what are you doing up? go back to bed, you big baby."

"what is hyung doing here?" jungkook asked, ignoring jimin's words before.

"nothing, baby," jimin lifted his hand up to caress jungkook's cheek. "i'm just getting some tea. woke up thirsty."

jungkook let out a hum before tilting his head, pressing a small kiss to jimin's small hand.

"are you nervous, jimin?" jungkook asked before heading over to the counter, taking a tiny sip from the liquid.

"nervous for what?" the blonde haired man looked over at him.

"for your dance competition in," jungkook looked around for a clock, eyes landing on the digital clock on the oven. "8 hours."

jimin let out a sigh before walking over to jungkook. "okay, yes. maybe i am nervous. i dont know why."

jungkook wrapped his arms around jimin's waist, bending down slightly to rest his chin on his shoulder. "baby, why are you worrying? you're amazing at dance.."

"i'm just worried i'll fail.. make a mistake, or forget the choreography. what if i make an embarrassment of myself?"

"baby," jungkook began. "you are one of the best dancers i know. i can tell you love dancing with a passion. you move so smoothly with grace and beauty. it touches me sometimes."

jungkook paused, beginning to rock the two side to side.

"i know you'll do great, because you always try your best with dancing. you never give up. you worked hard for this, hyung. i know for a fact, that you would do amazing. i know you will. i will be cheering you on. so there's nothing you should be worried about, baby." jungkook nuzzling his head against the crook of jimin's neck.

jimin smiled softly, tracing shapes on jungkook's back. "yeah, you're right. i do love dancing. ill win the competition for you."

"that's my baby. now come on. i'm really tired. can we go back to sleep?" jungkook whined.

"yes, yes, you big baby. lets go back to sleep."

a lil short one

a lil short one

also, it's 2:25 am 🤡

also, thanks for 200+ reads!