secretary pt. 1

"jimin?"

the blonde haired man snapped out of his thoughts, flinching slightly as he almost dropped the clipboard he was holding. he fixed his posture, clearing his throat before turning to face his boss.

"y-yes, mr. jeon?" he hesitantly smiled.

"i said, do i have any meetings today?" jungkook asked before letting out a tsk.

"o-oh, right!" jimin said before quickly lifting his clipboard, flipping through the several pages. jungkook passed jimin, making his way to his walk-in closet to pick a tie.

"you have one at 10:45 am with kim industries," jimin began before following jungkook, eyes locked on the clipboard. "then you have lunch with mr. min at 12:00,"

jungkook stood in front of his tie collection, eyes skimming through each pair to find the right one. he had boring, simple solid colored ties, and he had a few fun ties from friends and family. he also had a tie from his secretary had given him on his birthday.

"mr. jeon! i have a present for you." jimin said with a smile, hiding the small gift bag behind him.

jungkook cocked an eyebrow before placing his pen down, rolling his chair closer to the desk. "hmm? and what may that be?"

jimin placed the small gift bag in front of jungkook before taking one step back, hands folded in front of him. "it's just a little something."

jungkook nodded before grabbing the gift bag, looking inside. "another tie?"

"yes, but i designed it especially for you! it was pricey, even for a tie, but it was worth it." jimin smiled.

jungkook hummed before taking out the box that held the tie inside. he rubbed his thumb over the black velvet box, looking at it for a few seconds before opening the container.

jimin watched his expression, biting down on his lower lip.

jungkook blinked a few times before carefully taking the tie out, eyebrows furrowed, a confused expression on his face.

"carrots?"

"y-yes!! i know you might be asking why carrots, but i have a reason! it's because you look like a little bunny every time i see you smile, which is always rare, you remind me of a bunny..!!" jimin explained.

the two remained silent, jimin beginning to worry as if he didn't like it. "d-do you not like it? i can always get you something else.."

jimin quickly walked over to behind the desk, taking the small box and gift bag. he then was about to take the tie before he felt jungkook's hand around his wrist. jimin froze, and looked down at him.

"m-mr. jeon?"

"no, do not bother getting another one. i like it." jungkook looked up at him before letting his wrist go.

jimin smiled brightly. "you really like it?"

the man nodded.

"i-i appreciate it! hopefully you'll wear it sometime."

jungkook almost chuckled at the memory from last year. today, it was jungkook's birthday. he never really cared about his birthday. he was more interested in his work. he didn't have time for parties or celebrations.

jungkook thought for a second before taking the carrot filled tie, walking back over to jimin who kept on talking about his day.

"make sure you also drink a lot of water this time. it's gonna be quite hot today-"