Chapter 3

L.A. 5.30 a.m.
Y/n POV -

I click the home button on my phone and look at the time. 30 more minutes before this flight takes off. It's the 2nd layover on this journey from London to Hawaii and I honestly can't wait to lock myself up in the Airbnb. My face is swollen from all the crying earlier. I told the helpful flight attendant - who kindly provided me with an ice pack for my puffy eyes - it was because of those romantic movies I've watched during the previous flight. Little did she know my own life was the real tearjerker.

As I'm waiting for the flight to take off I curl up in my business class seat and scroll through my spotify playlist. While Dean Lewis is singing "it'll be alright..", I look at the empty seat next to me and shout "ASSHOLE!", as I'm trying to bury my crying face in the ice pack.

L.A. 5.30 a.m.
Grayson POV -

As we're boarding the flight I finally start to relax a little. This morning has been stressful since Ethan and Emma were running late. But we made it.

"I hope I can take a nap on this flight." I say, still agitated. "Sure." Ethan says "I will go sit next to Emma, so you can sleep." he continues.

As we're trying to make our way to our seats we hear a girl yell "ASSHOLE!". Ethan turns around and laughs. "Yep, that's your seat." He chuckles, while he points at the seat where the yelling came from. "Give me a fucking break.." I sigh as I roll my eyes. I sit down and look over to the girl curled up in the seat next to me. Her face covered by an ice pack. She hears me getting comfortable in my seat and peeks over the ice pack in my direction. Our eyes lock and I instantly feel my mouth getting dry and my face turning pale. Oh shit.. I think I'm gonna pass out.