Chapter 43

New Jersey 10.30 p.m.
Y/n POV -

I'm curled up on the couch watching Netflix when Ethan pops his head around the corner. "Are you alone?" He asks. I nod. "Gray and Emma are out there on the porch." I say as I point to the window where I can see Grayson talking to Emma. He looks riled up and is talking with his arms waving in the air. "Do you think they are okay?" I ask Ethan worried. Ethan sits down next to me.

"Yeah, they're fine." He says without looking up at them. He looks at me with a serious face. "What?" I ask him. "I might or might not just had sex with Emma." He says. I choke on a sip of coke and start coughing profusely. Ethan starts patting my back as I try to gasp for air. I see Grayson looking in through the window. Ethan smiles and shows him a thumbs up to let Grayson know I'm okay. I smile through a cough and give him my thumbs up as well. Gray smiles at me and continues to talk to Emma.

When I finally am able to catch my breath I look at Ethan and stare at him for a while. "Can you repeat that?" I say. He laughs. "I just had sex with Emma." He repeats. "Are you guys back together?" I now ask confused. "Nah, my heart is wi-" he stops mid sentence. "She doesn't have my heart." He says while looking at his hands.

I poke him with my foot. "You two are weird!" I say to lighten the mood and Ethan starts laughing. "Yeah, well.. we got to catch up to you and Grayson!" He grins. I look at him with a frown on my face and hit him on his arm. "Hey!" He yells. "I was just joking!". He gets up, winks at me and walks to the kitchen.

I look at the window and see Grayson now with his hands in his hair. Just when I want to get up to check if he's okay Ethan walks back in with a bowl of popcorn in his hands. "Sit down.." Ethan says. "Grayson is doing fine." He says as he sees me looking at Grayson. We sit down next to each other and I crawl under the blanket.

I look at the popcorn and my mouth starts watering. "Can I have some too?" I ask. Ethan looks up. "Some what?" Ethan asks teasingly. "Some popcorn you dirty minded fool!" I laugh. "Oh sure!" He says. "Only if you're willing to share that blanket with me." He answers. I look at the blanket I'm wrapped up in and unravel myself. I give Ethan half and he gets comfortable. "Now hand over the popcorn!" I smirk.