Chapter 57

L.A. 12 a.m.
Grayson POV -

Ethan was right. I needed to go out. So far I'm having an amazing night. We ate good food. The atmosphere is great and uplifting. I look around and realize I've missed most of these people. Most of them have never met y/n and were curious after they saw all my Instagram posts. I just told Bryant everything about her.

"I know you will love her!" I tell him. Talking about y/n makes me so happy. It reminds me of her sweet scent, her smile, that sparkle in her eyes when she looks at me.. and her soft and warm skin. My heart rate speeds up and I'm having a hot flush just thinking about her. I bite my lip and smile as it crosses my mind how y/n bit my lip when she was turned on. I chug down my drink and all of a sudden wonder what y/n is doing right now. How her evening went and if she saw Mike, or if other dudes hit on her. There have definitely been guys hitting on her. There is no way she walks into a club without turning heads.

I remember every man looking at her when I took her out for dinner. They didn't even care about my arm around her shoulder, and still would stare at her with their jaws dropped to the floor. I ball my fists and close my eyes. I take a couple of deep breathes to get rid of that unsettling feeling of rage that fills my chest.

I feel an elbow poking in my ribs and look to my side. "What's wrong?" Emma says as she looks a bit worried at my angry face. "Nothing." I answer. She pokes me again with her elbow. "Is it y/n?" She continues. "Maybe.." I sigh. She hands me another drink. I take a sip and cough. "That's not soda!" I say in between coughs. Emma laughs. "I thought you could use something stronger." She says. "So tell me, what's up with y/n?". I look at Emma's face. She looks concerned. "Y/n is out with friends." I say. "So are you?" She responds confused. "I know, but I'm not getting hit on by 500 guys. And I don't have a crazy ex after me." I tell her. The thought of Mike chasing y/n kills me and I feel anger taking over my body.

I chug the drink Emma gave me and hope the alcohol will numb me. Emma instructs the waiter to bring me another drink. "So.. you don't trust y/n?" She asks. Her question hits me like a ton of bricks. Do I trust y/n, i question myself. Yes, with all my heart. I trust her with my life. She would never break my trust. I know she loves me the way I love her.. which is so much.. it's sickening! "I trust her." I tell Emma. "Besides Ethan, there is no one I trust more than I trust y/n." I add. "It's the men I don't trust." I continue. Emma sighs as the waiter gives me another drink. "Yeah, men can't be trusted." She says. I chug down this drink as well before the waiter has left our table. My feelings and emotions start to subside and the numbness starts kicking in. "Another one!" I tell the waiter. "Slow down, Gray!" Emma says. But she can tell I won't listen. "At least hand over your car keys." She says.

I look at her and frown. She stares at me and all of a sudden reaches for my pockets. "Wow wow wow!! Too close!!" I yell. We play fight for a minute before she pulls the keys out of the pocket of my pants. We laugh and I start to relax more and more as the alcohol kicks in. "Come on, let's get you home!" Emma says after some more drinks. "I can drive home myself, Emma!" I slur as she supports me towards my car. "No, you can't." She answers. "I'm gonna drive you home. Y/n would kill me if I didn't get you home safe." She adds a bit worried. I chuckle. "Yeah, she would kill you!"