Chapter 25

Kauai 7 p.m.
Y/n POV -

The music is blasting hard when I walk into Kian's backyard. I see him standing on the other side of the pool working the grill. Grayson and Ethan are walking behind me. Not talking to each other. Ethan is angry at Grayson for this whole Emma thing. Grayson on his turn is angry at Ethan for holding me so tight earlier in the hot tub. I turn around and stop to look at them. I cross my arms and stare at them staring at me. I grab them both by their chin.

"Stop it!" I say. "Both of you!" I continue. I look Grayson in the eyes. "Gray.. anyone can touch me wherever they want.." his eyes widen. "Okay, that didn't come out right!!" I quickly add as I look at his startled face. "But I mean, that wouldn't make a difference because I only want you!" I say as I trace my fingers over his lips. Jesus Christ! How in the world is this Greek God looking creature with me.. I wonder as I bite my lip. "And you Ethan" I now say as I look at Ethan. "Grayson did not try to seduce Emma. Heck you weren't even in love with Emma!" I yell at them both as I walk off to find Kian. I quickly look back over my shoulder and can't help but smile, when I see them hugging each other.

I walk up behind Kian and put my arms around his chest. "Finally reunited with my favourite friend!" I say as I squeeze him tight. He turns around and pulls me into a hug. "My favourite strawberry smelling human." He breathes in my hair. "How was your date?" He continues. "A-MA-ZING!" I sigh in Kian's shirt. He let's go of me and takes a step back. Just as I'm about to spill all the details of the date his jaw drops.

"WHAT! THE! FUCK! HAPPENED! TO! YOU!" He says unnecessarily loud. He touches the bruises on my shoulders and arms. Before I can answer his question I hear Ethan's voice behind me. "Sex! Sex happened to her! Extreme wild and loud sex!" He says. "Can I maybe crash here because by loud I mean.. LOUD!!!" He adds laughingly.

"Are you sure it was sex? It looks like she wrestled a grizzly bear!" Kian now asks Ethan as he holds me at arms length and studies my chest. "Hello guys?! I'm right here?!" I say trying to interrupt them.

Kauai 8.15 p.m.
Grayson POV -

This has to be the weirdest vacation I've ever been on I think as I'm watching y/n dance with Kian. We just ate burgers and most people at this garden party are now chilling on the deckchairs and on the grass. Others are dancing to the sound of y/n's spotify playlist. Even Ethan is on the dancefloor, making y/n laugh with his off beat dance moves. I feel jealousy growing in my chest when I see how Kian touches y/n's arm and when I see y/n laugh at Ethan's jokes. But she makes the jealousy disappear in a heart beat when she locks eyes with me and bites her lip.

Even in a yard full of people she'll always look for me I realize and my anxiety goes back to sleep. As I see the fairy lights in the yard twinkle in her eyes I start daydreaming about last night, until I get interrupted by the sound of a text.

 As I see the fairy lights in the yard twinkle in her eyes I start daydreaming about last night, until I get interrupted by the sound of a text

Kauai 8.40 p.m.
Ethan POV -

"Where is Gray?" Y/n asks. "He was just sitting there.." she says as she points at an empty deckchair. "I wanna dance with him." She adds. I look around but don't see him either. "Maybe he went to the bathroom?" I answer her question. I see y/n starts feeling uncomfortable without Grayson around. Dang! That Mike guy messed her up pretty bad I think as I see her getting anxious.

I grab her hand and pull her away from the dancing crowd. "Let's go look for him." I say. "I promise you he's just out here somewhere. He would never leave without you." I continue. We cross the backyard but no sign of Grayson. I lead y/n inside. The further we walk inside the house the more quiet it gets. The sound of the music is left behind in the yard. "It seems like he isn't here either." I tell y/n as I suddenly hear voices in the driveway.

I squeeze y/n's hand, as if I'm trying to say I'm onto something, and pull her with me towards the front door. I open the door and we both step out into the darkness. "There he is." I whisper as I see Grayson leaning back against the Jeep. In front of him stands Emma. Cupping his face with her hands.