Chapter 49

New Jersey 1.30 a.m.
Grayson POV -

I'm looking at Ethan who offered to drive my car home to mom's. I'm probably in no state to drive. But sitting here in the passengers seat gives me too much time to think. Ethan has been quiet ever since y/n left.

"You like her, don't you?" I say. He is startled by my question and his cheeks turn red. He looks at me and quickly turns his head again to look at the road. I keep my eyes on him and I feel a rage burning in my chest. The silence is killing but I'm not gonna be the one breaking it. As the tension in the car is rising Ethan speaks up. "I might like her, maybe a little bit." He says.

I feel like throwing up. "But Gray, I would never-" he continues. I take a deep breath in. "I know, E!" I tell him. "I know you would never make a move towards her." I continue. But I can't shake the feeling of Ethan thinking about y/n in a romantic or sexual way. I ball my fists. "But she is moving in with us, E! If something is going on you need to tell me. Why haven't you told me? I say aggressively. I hit my fist with full force in the dashboard. "WTF Grayson!!!" Ethan yells as he pulls over the car. "Yeah, WTF Ethan!!!" I yell back. My hand is tingling and a sharp pain travels up my arm.

"I can't help it, Grayson!" Ethan yells at me. "For fuck's sake! I've slept with fucking Emma every fucking single night to get rid of those fucking feelings!" He yells as he grabs the steering wheel aggressively.

I get out of the car and put my not injured hand through my hair. Ethan gets out of the car as well and carefully approaches me. "I'm sorry Gray.. I knew you would freak out. That's why I kept quiet." He says. "And it fucking doesn't matter how I feel about her, because I don't wanna be with her, ever!" He starts yelling again. I sigh..

"Well.." I say as I point at my injured hand. "I think I need to go to the hospital." I add. "Fuck, Grayson!" Ethan continues yelling as he gets back into the car. "I promised y/n I would take care of you! Her plane has not even taken off and I'm taking you to the fucking hospital."

London 7 a.m.
Y/n POV -

I feel like I've been on this flight forever and am happy we've just landed. Hate to be without Grayson, but I'm happy to see my family and friends again. I collect my bags and turn off the airplane mode on my phone. I immediately receive dozens of texts. I smile when I see 24 texts from Grayson. I open the conversation and almost drop my phone when I see a photo of Grayson in the hospital getting a cast.

I've been away for a couple of hours and my boyfriend is in the hospital already?! I call Grayson as I'm going through customs

It's 2 a.m. in Jersey but he immediately answers the call. "Baby!" I hear him say enthusiastically. "Grayson!" I answer worried. "Are you okay? WTF happened?" I ask him. I can hear him hesitating to answer me. "Please tell me." I beg. "I got angry." He confesses. "Angry? At who?" I ask him. Grayson stays silent for a second. "At Ethan.." he sighs.

"Ethan happens to be in love with you." He adds. "What?!" I yell a bit too loud and see everyone in the arrival terminal looking at me. "Yeah, exactly my point!" Grayson says. "So you fought your brother?" I ask him stunned. "No, I took my anger out on the car." He says. I breathe in deeply to stay calm. I don't know if it's the fatigue or this revelation but my mind is fried. Tears well up in my eyes and I miss Grayson more than ever. I want to be with him and take care of him so bad.

"I can't do this, Grayson!" I tell him. "I can't be away from you.." I add. I hear the vulnerability in his voice. "Me neither, baby!" He says. "Let's get all this shit done as soon as possible and get you back home to me." The thought of being back home with Grayson warms my heart and I smile through my tears. "Babe.." Grayson says. "I think it's time to read my letter when you get home.."