Chapter 9

Kauai 8 a.m.
Y/n POV -

I'm woken up from another Grayson filled dream. All I can think of is his perfect face. I'm floating and feel the butterflies in my stomach. I see Kian curled up on the couch next to the bed and kiss his head. "Wake up, Kian." I say. "You need to help me find the guy I met a couple of days ago.". He slowly rolls over. "You've got to be kidding me." he moans. "Just give me one more day to make you fall in love with me. After that I'll help you." he whines. I can't help but roll my eyes at him. "Okay, good luck!" I giggle.

As I make my way to the bathroom I look back at Kian. "K, I left a lot of clothes at the Airbnb. Can I borrow one of your shirts?". A smile appears on his face. "You want a clean one or one that smells like me?" he asks with a grin. "It's your day. Surprise me!" I tease.

Anahola Bay, Kauai 2 p.m.
Ethan POV -

We're chilling on the surfboards. Emma and James are sitting on the beach watching us. I can tell from Emma's face she's not having it. Why won't she understand that I would do everything for my brother. Like I would do everything for her if she was unhappy. I look at Gray and can tell he's nervous. "What are you worried about?" I ask. "That she doesn't feel the same about me." He answers. "Did you know I almost passed out when I first met y/n?" Gray adds. "What, did you really?" I laugh. "Yeah, it was like my body shut down when we locked eyes. I felt weak and vulnerable. But also complete. It was the weirdest thing." He breathes.

I've never felt like that around Emma, I realize. I don't have much time to think about that as we hear a group arriving at the beach, all laughing and yelling. Grayson's jaw clenches.

Anahola Bay, Kauai 2 p.m.
Grayson POV -

I freeze when I hear a familiar giggle. My heart drops when I look up to the beach. I see Kian carrying y/n over his shoulder. He's running around and holding her by her thighs. I dig my nails in the palms of my hands. "He's just flirting, Gray." Ethan says. When he puts her down I see she is wearing a LA Lakers Jersey, with on the back the name Lawley. I feel my body shaking with anger and start paddling back to shore. I hear Ethan paddling behind me. "Focus on y/n. Don't get distracted by Kian." He says.

My heart is pounding in my chest. As I'm approaching the beach I clear my throat and yell "Y/N!". She turns around and her face lights up. She let's go of Kian's arm and starts walking towards me. The world passes by in slow motion. I close my eyes, trying not to pass out.

Anahola Bay, Kauai 2 p.m.
Y/n POV -

I hear this deep voice calling my name. When I turn around I see Grayson carrying his surfboard. Overwhelmed by butterflies I walk towards him. He closes his eyes when I reach out to caress his cheek. Electricity sets my soul on fire. I put my arms around his neck while he let's go of the surfboard and lifts me up. His eyes still closed and his head now in my neck. "Where have you been?" He whispers. "I've been looking for you." I wrap my legs around his waist and he lifts his head to look into my eyes. "You don't even know me, but I was made for loving you. Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through." he continues. "My favourite song." I gasp. I told him about it on the flight over here. He remembers. I close my eyes, going in for a kiss when I hear a familiar voice shout: "Y/n, WTF are you doing?!"