CLOSED

"Wait...this review book is closed?"

"Yes, absolutely, and forever, thank you very much!"

"But why? Your reviews look good and I want one!"

"Well...the thing is, I'm getting burned out from everything I've committed myself to lately. I was doing a book club, making covers, doing reviews, and beta-reading at the same time! Oh, and that other little thing—writing a book of my own. I just can't do it all, so I've decided to cease the one thing that I've done the most: reviews. I'll have done almost sixty reviews by the time all of the ones in line are posted."

"...don't you like doing them, though?"

"I loved doing them. I love helping people all the same. I just want to focus that energy for my beta-reading clients and more instead of reviews—which I've been having a hard time keeping up with anyway!"

"What will happen to people who applied and never got their reviews?"

"Oh, I'm still working on them. I just don't want people to keep applying so I don't get behind on anything anymore."

"That's great, but...I still want feedback on my story."

"I have a beta-reading offer on my profile. Accepted works there have to be approved, so they've got to be good to begin with, but it's worth a try if you're desperate for good feedback from me."

"What about a read-for-read?"

"...no thanks. Although I'm always looking for feedback, read-for-reads aren't my style and make me busier than ever!"

"Okay, then. Thanks anyway."

"Thank you—and all who have gotten a review from me! It's been a joy. Maybe a stressful and time-consuming joy, but a little joy all the same."