OLS - I

2007

Meryl Streep, a well-known actress for her versatility in acting and her record-breaking nominations became an image of a strong woman that encourages people to stand up for what's right and she is the actress who never fails to deliver the audience the emotions and the depth of the movie she is in.

In public, she THE Meryl Streep but behind the public's eyes and flashing cameras, she is Mary Louise Streep-Gummer. A wife and a mother of four. Is Mary Louise different from Meryl Streep? Yes, it is. Outside she may be smiling but inside, her heart is little by little breaking into pieces.

Her marriage is falling apart and no one knows what's happening except for her and her husband. They live in one roof but it feels like she is alone. She sleeps in their bedroom, Don sleeps in their guest room. They barely have physical contact with each other. They only touch and see each other when they are with their kids.

Today is just a normal day for Meryl. She went to work and she came home after work. It doesn't feel like home anymore she thought to herself the moment she walked in their house.

Meryl suddenly heard her phone rang and it is her agent. She picked up the call and she greeted her agent immediately.

"Is there something wrong?"She asked as she settle her things on the bed.

"Are you free for dinner Meryl?"Her agent asked.

"Uh, yes?"Meryl answered, hesitant.

"We'll have a dinner then. I'll text you the location and I'll be there in 30minutes."Her agent said and ended the call.

Meryl decided to just change her clothes and get ready for the dinner. As she is getting ready, she heard her phone once again but it is not her agent.

"Hey, Cherilyn."Meryl said.

"Mary Lou, are you free for dinner?I'm in New York and I decided to hit you up for dinner since Pauly is still with her husband."Cher said and Meryl shook her head as if Cher can see.

"I'm sorry but I have a dinner with my agent."She explained with a hint of disappointment in her voice because she really wanted to be with a close friend. She badly wants to talk to somebody else but she knows that she can't ditch her agent.

"How about after your dinner, call me and we'll have a few drinks at my hotel. I'll call Tracey so that it'll be girls' night. I know she is also in the city."Cher suggested and that made Meryl's lips curl into a smile.

"Okay, okay, I'll call you after dinner."Meryl said and she heard Cher chuckle.

"That would be great. See you later!"Cher said and ended the call.

Meryl is now at the restaurant where her agent texted her and she is curious because they are sitting in a table for four when there is only two of them.

"Are we waiting for someone?"Meryl asked as she browse the menu.

"Yeah."Her agent answered and before she can ask who her agent stood up.

"Judy, Phyllida!"Her agent said in glee and that made her stand up from her seat.

"Oh my God, hi. I know you both."Meryl said in awe and she shook their hands.

"We also know you."Judy said as she sit across Meryl with Phyllida beside her.

The four ordered their food and Meryl's just silent because she doesn't know what's going on and at the same time she is still in shock.

"So about what we talked about yesterday."Meryl's agent started and Meryl looked at him.

"Yes, about that. Meryl, we thought that you will be great as Donna Sheridan in Mamma Mia the movie."Judy Craymer said and Meryl's eyes went round. She froze and she doesn't know what to say because since the day she saw Mamma Mia on broadway she became the show's fan. She even wrote a letter to the cast because she was fascinated by the show.