OLS - XV

It's the morning after the party and it's officially Christmas. Meryl woke up late but her fiancèe is still asleep. She headed downstairs and she became frightened when she saw someone on their living room couch. She slowly walked to that person and it surprised her.

"Paris, what are you doing here honey?"Meryl asked Paris who is lying on the couch with his arms on his forehead.

"I have a little hangover but I woke up early so I decided to stay here."He answered and he slowly sat.

"C'mon, I'm gonna make you coffee."Meryl said and Paris just nodded. The two headed to the kitchen and Paris sat on one of the kitchen stools as Meryl started to make his coffee.

"Mommah."Paris called her but she just hummed in response.

"Why did you choose to you know be a full-time mother to us?It's not that we don't like it but it is just a little shocking, in a good way."Paris uttered. Meryl handed him his coffee and she sat across him.

"Sweetheart, I'm a mother. I chose to be your mother because I know that you deserve it and me being a mother will never stop no matter how old you guys get, I'll always be your mother that you can call. I didn't just accept you because I love your father but because I wanted you both to feel that you are loved, that you can still have that mother figure that you were longing for."Meryl replied and Paris smiled sweetly.

"Let me ask you now. Are you still mad at your mom?"Meryl asked softly and Paris slowly nodded.

"During their divorce, my mom filed a custody case for us to be with her but then, she just leaves us to our grandma or to her close friends when she said that she is going to her business trips. Dad fought for us and she finally agreed to equal custody. You know, he is the best father that you could ever ask for because despite of everything that he's going through at that time, he never change his approach towards us. Unlike mom. Even before the divorce, mom sees us like we are her burden. She always gets mad at us even at the littlest things. When dad found out about our situation, he made us live in London with him and our grandma. It surprised us that our mom didn't care. Almost all my life, I'm just looking up to dad because he's been there for us every step of the way. We knew your relationship before and we were okay with that but it just shocked us that one day, dad told us that both of you are over and he never told us why. In that nine years, mom's been in and out but mostly out of the picture. She's just calling us when she really really need us and that's a rare occassion. When you came in our lives, we never thought that we will experience that relationship with a mother thing but then you never failed to make us feel that. Last night, I became furious at my mom when I found out what she did with you and dad. It felt like you really are my mother and to be honest, I love you more than my own mom."Paris narrated.

"I understand where you are coming from honey but all I want you to know is that, she still exerts effort to reach out to you. As a mother, I am sure that your mother is hurting too. I know that deep inside her, she regrets not being with you guys. Yes, you have all the rights to be mad at her but remember that she gave life to you and Dylan. Whatever you do, even if you change your mother in papers, she is still the woman who gave birth to you and her blood still runs inside you. And I can never ever replace your mother."Meryl said and she held Paris' hand.

"I'll forever be your mommah but she'll forever be the woman who gave you life."Meryl uttered softly and Paris nodded.

"Come here."Meryl commanded and Paris obeyed. He went to her and he immediately hugged Meryl, burying his face on her neck.

"Try talking to your mom okay?I know she'll listen."Meryl whispered as he caress his back.

"Mommah?"Paris whispered after a few moments and Meryl hummed.