You are my sunshine (part 1)

Y/N PoV
I tossed and turned in bed. Another sleepless night. Everytime I close my eyes I see flashbacks of loved ones dying. Or not being able to save people. People that I've let die. I haven't told anyone. Not even my boyfriend, Dean, even though hes been suspecting things due to me being constantly exhausted and lacking in skills on hunts. I let out a sigh and turned to look at the clock beside our bed. 2:23 am it read. "Great" I muttered. I turned to face Dean, his messy bed head, his calm facial features. Whenever hes asleep he always seems so calm and peaceful. Likes hes happy. I leaned over and gave him a soft peck on the cheek. I sighed once more and rolled onto my back, Dean's arm draped across my waist. "Babe? What are you doing up?" A gruff voice asks. I look over at Dean. "Nothing baby. Just cant sleep. I'm ok. You rest now." I replied back, smiling softly at his half asleep figure. He shook his head slightly. "Nope. Not until I know you're sleeping safe and sound next to me. Come here." He softly demanded. I sighed but obeyed and snuggled into his warm body as he pulled me into him and made sure I was warm and safe. "Dean?" I whispered into the dark room. "Yeah baby girl?" He replied back, just as quietly so we didn't attract a annoyed moose. "Will you sing to me please?" I asked him. I felt his chest vibrate a little from a chuckle but he obeyed anyway. "Sure thing pumpkin."

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are gray
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please dont take my sunshine away

I smiled softly at his soothing voice. Smiling even wider when his arms tightened around me on the last line.

The other night dear
When I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you, in my arms
When I awoke dear
I was mistaken
So I hung my head and cried

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please dont take my sunshine away

Dean PoV
And with that, knowing she was safe beside me I fell into a peaceful slumber. With my sunshine by my side. Forever and always.

A/N: it's been so long since I updated!!! I've missed writing and this just came to me so I hope you like it! This song is so cute and means something to me and I kinda just thought it would be cute. Doing 3 or 4 parts to this. I'm back at this for good now.
I love you
O xxxxx