You are my sunshine (part 4)

Final part

I was released from the hospital two days ago and Dean hasn't left my side since. He has been the best. I have been put on bed rest by my doctor, which was really annoying, but Dean made it enjoyable. We watched tons of TV and movies. We ate junk food and basically did everything we couldn't do before because of hunting. Well, sort of everything. If I needed anything then Dean would get it for me. Sam had also been super helpful. Reluctantly, Dean had gone out on a supply run the day after we got back. He had put up a bit of a hissy fit but Sam had assured him that I would be just fine and that he would look after me until he got back. Which he definitely did. Me and Sam had a fun time. We managed to play a few games of cards and Sam told me some funny stories from his time at Stanford. We tried to create our own card game but it failed miserably. By that time Dean had been gone for about an hour. I was getting concerned and I could see Sammy was to. Sam left to go call Dean leaving me in mine and Deans room. 

I heard the bunkers door slam shut and I rolled my eyes knowing that Dean was making his grand entrance. "Where the hell have you been man?" I just about heard Sam say. I couldn't hear Deans reply as he was talking much quieter than his little brother. I heard approaching footsteps and knew it was Dean. Just a second later he came in smiling wide. I gave him a confused look but he just held up four shopping bags. "Dean what the hell did you buy?" I exclaimed, jumping up to see what was inside the bags. Pain shot up my body from my wound and I groaned from the pull of the stiches. Dean quickly dropped the bags and came over to me and lowered me back onto the bed. "Easy there baby. You're still healing. No getting up yet." He cooed in my ear as he tucked me back in. I sighed but nodded. "Good." He smiled. "Now I didn't want to come back with just the usual crap so I got some extra stuff. The other bags are with Sammy." He announced, placing the bags on the bed.

"Other bags?! Dean how much did you buy?" "Enough to last. Six bags of food, plus four bags for my girl. You got some clothes, sprays and um, other stuff." He winked. I felt myself blush but couldn't help the smile that graced my lips. He pulled out a chocolate bar from his pocket and handed it to me. My favourite. I grinned at him and undid the wrapper and took a bite. "This is perfect Dean. Thank you!" I giggled as he leaned down and kissed my nose. He jumped into bed next to me and picked up the remote and put The Walking Dead on. I smiled as this was one of my favourite episodes and Dean was just starting to watch it. The episode where they found the prison. I cuddled close to Dean and he wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you for this Dean. For taking care of me all the time." I mumbled into his chest. He kissed the top of my head. "It's part of the job. Looking after my sunshine."

Time skip  

After hours of lying in the bed and watching TV, Dean sighed. "Alright sweetheart. Time for bed. You need any more food?" He questioned softly. I smiled and shook my head already tired. "Just you for cuddles please." I softly mumbled. Dean chuckled and helped me slowly get up. "Then lets get you ready for bed."

We climbed into bed, well, I was placed into the bed and Dean followed suit. Sammy had stuck his head in a few minutes ago to say goodnight. Cas was busy so we left him to it but had received a text from him saying he will see us tomorrow. I cuddled into Deans chest and he pulled me closer to him. "Dean?" I questioned into the dark. "Yeah baby girl?" He whispered back. "Sing please." He kissed the top of my head in reply and began to softly sing the song which he considers to be our  song.

you are my sunshine
my only sunshine
you make me happy
when skies are grey
you'll never know dear
how much i love you
please don't take my sunshine away

Dean's PoV
And with that, knowing that she was asleep and safe next to me. I fell asleep wondering what the future would hold. But holding my sunshine close to me I knew I could deal with anything the world threw at me. As long as she was here. My ray of sunshine .

A/N: This is the last part! Thank you so much for reading! This has been my favourite series that I have done so far. I got the idea for this series one night and I'm so happy that I got to write and share this! I love this a lot. You can also find this series (along with a Sam one) on my writing Instagram page (mini_winchester). Also click the link in my bio on my main account (supernaturalbabe15) to sign a petition to help protect trans rights in the UK!!  I hope you are all staying safe and well, but most importantly, staying home!! Thank you for all of your support. My dms are always open and requests are to!! Send them whenever and I hope I can make them great for you! For Sam and Cas too! Not just Dean. Lots of love, O xxxx