Chapter 1

August 2011

Kim Minah:

It's been three days, three days since she has passed and I'm still in Atlanta, waiting for the next flight out. I'm sleep-deprived, emotionally unstable and about to kill the next bitch that walks in my direction. My mum is dead, do the staff not get that I have a funeral to attend? I don't usually get like this, no; I don't get like this at all. I'm a nice person, I am, and I have been nice for the last 56 hours, but I'm starting to lost my patience.

"Excuse me, Ma'am," the kind lady spoke,

"WHAT!" I nearly screamed back, shocking both the lady and I. I didn't intend to make her cry, but I lost my patience, "y-your seat is booked for the next flight to Seoul," she whimpered.

"Oh, thank you, have a nice day," I replied with a smile and walked off. The smile instantly dropped when I remembered the reason why I had to return, my dearest mum is gone, and I wasn't there to witness her last words or spend time with her. Father left a long time ago, although I preferred to call him 'sperm donor,' mum said it was disrespectful. I used to bicker all the time with her about silly things like that; I wish I could quarrel with her one last time, to hear her soothing voice. The only thing I have now is a voicemail from her last day. My eyes began to water as I suddenly remembered our last conversations; I always told her that I was 'busy' with my friends. I wish, just for once, I could hold her hands or hug her, but she's gone and eventually I'll have to get over that.

Seo Youngho:

"I'm a hitman, not a chauffeur, why can't the bitch get a cab?" I argued.

"Have you forgotten what her mother has done for us, for you?" Taeyong spoke back in a calm voice; it's always calm, no sign of anger present, and the complete opposite of mine. "Yeah, mother," I emphasised, "not daughter, I have things to do." "Seo Youngho, you will go pick her up at 4 o'clock," he spoke, raising his voice slightly, "bu-."

"No 'buts,' now get out of my office," he replied sternly, cutting me off. End of discussion. That's how most of our conversations go, Taeyong and I, and it's gotten worse after her mother's death. For someone who's always working, he's a right dickhead, and when he's not a dickhead, he's a sassy little fuck, which is worse.

A few hours later...

I looked down at the piece of paper with her name on it, "Kim Maynah?" I spoke confused, who names their kid 'Maynah,' I thought to myself. "Kim MINAH," Minyoung replied,

"Have you forgotten how to read?"

"Why couldn't you have picked her up instead of me, she always got on my nerves as a child, Taeyong is just adding fuel to the fire," I bickered.

"Because he said so, you know more than I that Taeyong's wor- OMG MINAH YOU'RE HERE AAAAHHHH I MISSED YOU SO MUCH," she screamed, before running up to and hugging a slim figure, whose face I couldn't quite see.

After the two love birds finished hugging and causing a scene, Minah walked up to me and looked me straight in the eye. I walked back, confused as to why she was looking at me in such a confused manner. "Who's he?" she asked Minyoung, I scoffed, disappointed that she didn't recognise me. Then again, if Minyoung hadn't screamed her name, I wouldn't have known her either, seems puberty had done its job quite well. "Bro, seriously that's Youngho," Minyoung informed, still getting a confused look from Minah, completely shattering my pride. "Oh yeah, I forgot, you call him by his name English name, that's little Johnny, except he's not so little anymore." Minah's looks of confusion and hope turned into surprise, "oh, it's you."

Kim Minah

"Excuse you, what do you mean by that, I'm pretty sure you were just checking me out right there," he replied with a smug look on his face, I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. To think this hunk of beauty was little Johnny and any chance I had with him was gone, disappointed me. "W-what are you talking about. I was not checking you out! Ew. You literally just looked me up and down, if anything you're checking me out, perv!" I shouted back, utterly embarrassed by his correct observation. "Guys, guys, get your bags now, fuck later. You guys clearly don't like each other, but the sexual chemistry is too much for me to handle and angry sex is the best sex. Unfortunately, we don't have any extra-small condoms, so you'll just have to pull out," Minyoung spoke smugly while raising her eyebrows. My cheeks had gone entirely red, and as if we were reading each other's minds, Johnny and I both looked at each other and turned back, followed by the words "EW! NO! I WOULD NEVER!" Minyoung's smug smile only grew wider, "Hmm, sure if you say so, lovebirds, now let's go," leaving both Johnny and I flustered and completely embarrassed. I mentally noted to get back at her for saying such disgusting things, well sure, he's quite the looker, but I wouldn't fuck him straight off the bat, especially with that kind of personality. Plus, this virgin ain't getting it until she finds the one.

We finished retrieving my bags, moving back is the only option I have, I'd say I'd miss my friends. But that would be a lie since I wasn't allowed to make any. We walked out of the airport, stepping out made me feel all sorts of nostalgia, reminding me of my past here. My thoughts came to a halt when I felt Johnny grab my hand tightly, "umm; you don't have to hold my hand, I know how to cross a road," I hissed.

"I'm not holding your hand to cross the road, dipshit. We're being watched, and if we don't get out of here now, people will get hurt," he replied in a hushed tone. I didn't know what to think; it's been a long time since I've been in a gang. My body shook at the thought of being watched and kidnapped. Johnny's grip on my hand got tighter, which weirdly calmed me down. His hands were soft and big, 'now's not the time' I thought to myself. I looked over at Minyoung, to see her gripping on the gun tucked in her skirt and looking at her arm, which had some device and a lot of code.

BANG!

That's all I heard, followed by deafening screams and people rushing in all directions, at this point, Johnny was running with me to the car, leaving my possessions behind. "My things, go back!" I shouted. "Your 'things?' Are you serious right now? What's more important, your life or your possessions?" he shouted back, making me successfully shut up. We were a couple of metres away from the car when it blew up right in front of our eyes, pushing me back into Johnny's well-built arms. "Looks like they want a fight," he spoke, pulling out his gun, but I was unable to stay focused. "Minah, listen to me, stay here. Minah can you hear me?" His voice slowly faded along with my consciousness.