Chapter 17

Park Sooyoung

How could he be so calm in such a situation? I had been sobbing into his arms for the past few hours, again, it's been over 2 weeks since he told me that my sister is dead. B-but it feels like she's still alive, she can't be dead. "Doll, would you like to meet my boss?"
"Taeyong?"
"Yes, you haven't seen him and I guess he was supposed to be your future brother-in-law." He's right, I didn't even get to meet my sister's lover, she spoke so much about him and I didn't have a face to pair this 'amazing' man with. "Are you sure? Would he even want to see me?"
"I told him about you, he said he'd want to see the 'girl' Seulgi always talked about." She always talked about me? She remembered me?
"Ok, I'll go visit him," for you Seulgi, "Why do you care so much?" I asked out of curiosity, Sicheng didn't have to do all of this, especially not for me, he looked quite taken back by the question, "because Sooyoung, you're my Doll, and I have to treat my doll well." Weirdo, I still have no idea why he calls me 'doll,' but he cares, that's all I need to know.

Park Chanyeol

Why did she call me out here so late? I received a coded message the other day, it's definitely her, who else could it be? The cool breeze blew my hair and caused a small chill to run down my spine

Why did she call me out here so late? I received a coded message the other day, it's definitely her, who else could it be? The cool breeze blew my hair and caused a small chill to run down my spine. Out of all places, we're meeting in an alleyway, lovely. I heard her footsteps from a mile away, but I'll play her game. "Did you know what was in the package?" Her voice was even colder than it was two weeks ago,
"Oh hi there Minyoung, it's nice to see you too."
"Don't play games Chanyeol, I don't have much time, answer my question!" I turned around to see her with a hood and mask on, "no gun this time? What a shame."
"Chanyeol! What are you talking about, you're acting differently."
"How would you know what my 'different' is, we haven't spoken in nearly 10 years and you hit me with this bullshit. Do you know how fucking heartbroken you left me! How much I fucking cried over you, how much, how much I missed you," the last part came out as a whisper, all of that was so hard for me to say. Her face was shocked, "Chanyeol, please stop"
"Minyoung, I didn't even know you were in a gang. I was so lonely before you came into my life, so fucking lonely."
"I'm so sorry Chanyeol if I had known sooner..."
"You would never have fucking spoken to me in the first place. Did you even care about me?" I asked with gritted teeth,
"P-please, you don't have to get so angry,"
"I'm not Minyoung, I'm fucking heartbroken, heartbroken over someone who dumped me 10 years ago! Did you ever like me back?"
"Yes, I liked you okay! I liked you a lot, b-but I was fucking terrified, terrified of what Taeyong would say," she cried.
"Don't fucking lie to me Minyoung!"
"I'm not! Once I found out that you were part of EXO, it was too late! We had to be enemies, didn't we! It hurt so fucking bad Chanyeol, but I had to. I'm so sorry," every word she spoke cut me like a knife.
"Was I not a good enough reason to speak to? Did I mean that little to you?"
"I-I'm so sorry Chanyeol, I-I didn't know you felt that way,"
"FUCKING STOP IT MINYOUNG! YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART AGAIN, STOP IT WITH THOSE WORDS!" I screamed, "j-just say what you need to say so I can leave." Her lips were trembling and her eyes puffy from the crying,
"Why did you leave the package?"
"Because I was told to if you want to take me back to your mansion, go ahead. I have nothing to live for anymore."
"I won't take you Chanyeol, but I need someone to blame. If I don't have anyone to blame, my brother will find you."
"I knew what I was doing, you don't have to defend me, you didn't back then, there's no point in doing it now. Goodbye Minyoung." I left her, I had to. I can't be around her any longer, it'll kill me.