Chapter 28

Mark Lee

Training is getting a lot better, especially after cheering her up that day. I'll admit, I do feel a bit guilty about lying, but it's not like Yuta'll find out anytime soon. I grin to myself as I continue to knock down another punching bag, man these things are getting way too easy. I now make my way to the weights, something I need to work on, to help with my form. Come on, Mark, you got this! I decide to go for the 20kg weights for each arm but embarrassingly fail. It's a good thing no one here is to watch, "not going to lie, Markie, I thought you were better than that." I quickly turn around, dropping the weights out of my hands and get into a defensive stance. As I take a glimpse of the victim who caught me, I sigh in relief; if that was Haechan, I'd never hear the end of it. I pick the weights up, thankful that they didn't break my feet and place them back. "Oh, hey Minyoung," I hum, rubbing the back of my head, "what are you doing here?"

Unfortunately for me, her mood doesn't match mine; actually, it's kind of terrifying. I gulp at her scary sight, oh no, she knows! "Did you lie?" She bluntly asks, arms crossed and staring. "About what?" I reply, trying to buy myself some time to think about how I'm going to respond. "About Yoona and Yuta?" She asks, this time more sternly. I immediately turn towards the wall, unable to look at her due to the sudden feeling of guilt. "Yes, I mean, it was a slight over-exaggeration," I continue. I turn back to face her with her expression still deadly. "Why?" She simply asks I gulp once again, not knowing how I'll explain it to her. "I wanted to make you feel better,"
I innocently replied, "by lying!" She responds, now red in the face and slightly annoyed. "I'm sorry Noona, y-you were so upset and I knew that something like that would cheer you up," I rattle off. This time she sighs, "I know you wanted to cheer me up, but lying isn't the way to go. You may get into serious trouble one day if you continue like this."
"I'm sorry, Noona, I really am. If I knew, then I would've never said it, I-I don't want you to feel upset," I pout with watery eyes, hoping that I won't cry. Her face slowly softens, and she walks towards me, pulling me into her small arms, "Oh no, don't be upset. I know you didn't mean any harm, just make sure you don't lie again. I don't like it when you lie." I smile up at her, nearly taken away by the breathtaking view and promise her. If I lie to her again, what will that make of me?

We stay in a hug for quite a while, unsure whether or not to let go, every second feeling like a year of heaven. She eventually let's go, making me feel all types of loneliness. "Umm, Noona," she looks up at me, responding with a confused face, "do you wanna join me?" I ask, hoping that she'll say yes.
"I don't know Mark, I'm nowhere as near as good as you and I don't want to break a bone."
"I won't ever hurt you Noona; I'm just asking for you to help practise. Some practice is better than none, right?" She looks up at the ceiling as if questioning whether or not she actually wants to fight. She then smiles, "I suppose you're right," my face instantly lifts. "Okay! Let's start!"

Lee Minyoung

I don't know what Mark expects of me, but it certainly isn't 3 hours of training. He said he wouldn't hurt me, which he hasn't done, but damn this shit kills. "Look, Mark," I pant heavily, hands on my legs and sweating, "I think we should stop now." He looks at me slightly disappointed and upset,
"Oh please Noona," he sulks, not nearly as sweaty as me, "just one more round," he lifts his index finger up, in hopes that I'll say yes. I let out another heavy breath, squinting my eyes and then reply, "ugh, okay fine. Fine! One last round and then you're helping me bake." His face gleamed for a split second and then turned into a frown at the mention of baking. "B-but Noona, I can't bake," he whines, trying to trick me with a cute face.

"That's no excuse. You're helping me bake whether you like it or not mister!" I respond, eyebrows furrowed, hands on my hips. "But you don't understand, I've never baked before," he continues, hands clasped and eyes wide open. "Then I guess you'll learn something," I reply, with a smug face, there's no way he'll get away with making me go through three hours of hell! Absolutely not! "B-but," he whimpers,
"No, buts!"
"Okay, I'll help you bake," he groans. Minyoung for the win! "Let's finish this round first," in almost an instant; I fall to the ground. "No, no! No more!" I squeal, flapping my arms like a bird. It was now his turn to cross his arms, "come on Minyoung, don't be like that," he complains but soon starts laughing at the sight, AKA me, in front of him. He nearly falls on top of me as he tries to pick me up, but desperately fails. His face turns red from laughing, and he falls on top of me, practically breaking my ribs in the process. "Okay fine, we'll just bake. I think I've tortured you enough," he giggles, similar to that of a small baby. I smile at him, instantly lifting myself with a happy face. "Wait, you were faking?" he asks, completely and utterly disappointed. Before he has the chance to get up, I attempt to run to the kitchen. I barely make it passed the basement, before getting tackled down to the ground. "Ah," I wince, after hearing a crack coming from my ankle. "Oh wait, did I hurt you?" he asks, panic struck across his face as if he had just witnessed a murder. "Ahhh, you hurt me," I flinch again, hoping that he falls for my horrible acting. My ankle hurt, but it was bearable, nothing I hadn't felt before. His face quickly turns soft and full of dread as he witnesses what's in front of him. "Oh my god, oh my god. Are you okay?" he asks, red in the face and teary-eyed.
"I'm okay, it just hurts a bit," I wince again, trying to look as pitiful as possible. Maybe if he sees me like this, he'll bake with me.