Chapter 26

Byun Baekhyun

Something's off, the air I breathe feels different, like someone I know and love has left. I don't know what this feeling is, but it hurts. It hurts like a bitch, and there's no one here to discuss it with. Both Chanyeol and Kris are gone, we were supposed to stay together as 12, EXO. Now it's all gone to shit. If Chanyeol wasn't so bat-shit crazy over that Minyoung bitch, then he'd be alive right now. And if that wasn't bad enough, Sehun's disappeared off the fucking radar. Everyone's distanced themselves; it's not like we ever talked before, but back then, it was different. I just want someone to wake me up from this nightmare so I can live life properly, without this mask on my face. I've always been one to act first, but this time, I just want to sit back and watch everything unfold. If it wasn't for me, Chanyeol wouldn't be dead, and Sehun would probably still be with us. I can't really blame Luhan and Zitao for leaving, I would too if I had the chance.

I picked up my breakfast from our local brunch cafe and decide to walk home, for once, I can finally catch a fresh breeze of air. Out of chance, I bump into Sicheng, the fuck is he doing here? His guard was entirely off; he looked distracted. Suddenly, my defence is up, and I'm ready for a fight. "What's a scumbag like you doing down around here?" I ask, but he just looks down, almost on the verge of tears. I look back at him again, slightly confused as Sicheng usually has a short temper. This time, I shove him slightly, "are you deaf? I asked you a question." He looks up at me, eyes filled with a mixture of hatred and gloom, "don't you know?" he mutters.

"Know? Know what?" I ask, what's he talking about?  

"Sehun." Why did he mention Sehun? Out of all times, why now, when I'm thinking about him? He's pissing me off, I now have him pinned up against the wall outside of my brunch place, with a gun to his head. "The fuck did you just say, little Sicheng?" I glare into his eyes, waiting for some sort of reaction; instead, I get nothing, not even a shove. I point the gun closer to his head, finger on the trigger and ready to blow his head off. "What the fuck do you know about Sehun, answer me, or I'll blow your fucking brains out."

3rd Person's P.O.V.

The older had his gun, now placed on top of the younger's head, ready to shoot it off. He was pissed off that Sicheng wasn't answering, pissed off that he wasn't getting a reaction. Sicheng looked straight into Baekhyun's eyes, and with a smile, replied, "he's dead." Sicheng's words were muffled but so powerful. Baekhyun's gun nearly fell out of his hands as he dropped to the floor, spilling his food everywhere. Within a few seconds, he was back up, pistol to Sicheng's forehead, "No, you're lying! Tell me the truth, you bastard!" Sicheng looked up once again, this time, with a few tears rolling down his face, "it is the fucking truth you psychotic prick," he spat. Baekhyun was in shock, he refused to accept that another member from his gang was dead. "NO!" he shrieked, before beginning to beat Sicheng with his gun, "YOU'RE FUCKING LYING!"

At this point, Sicheng had enough, he grabbed the gun out of Baekhyun's hands and hurled it on the older's head. "Pull yourself together, you lousy piece of shit!" he yelled, "I came here to tell you the news properly, and this is how you treat me? You're a lot older than me, so start acting like a man!"

"I can't believe he's gone," Baekhyun whispered to himself, in complete denial. This seemed to piss Sicheng off even more, as all Sehun did was complain about how badly he was treated by the older. Sicheng grabbed the smaller man by the chest, now face-to-face, "you tell your son-of-a-bitch leader that Sehun fucking threw himself off our club," he spat. He then pulled out a crumpled piece of lined paper and shoved it in Baekhhyun's face, "this is what he left you, you emotionless twat. Take it and never show your face to me again, or I swear I'll terminate you on the spot. Don't think I won't. I'm not afraid of scum like you." The younger finally stood up, wiped off the specks of blood on his new suit and walked away.