Chapter 19

Lee Minyoung

It's probably been a few days, minimum, in all honesty, I've lost track of the time, my brain cannot physically keep up with time on such low energy. I know that they're discussing a plan to get me out of here, they have to, surely they know I'm here, right? Just a couple of hours ago, I stopped feeling the pain as my body became numb, maybe that's a good thing or maybe that's a sign that I'm going to die soon. I miss Doyoung, so much, if I had told him sooner I'd probably feel okay with dying. Anything is better than staying here, but what if I don't make it out alive? That means I'll never be able to settle down or have kids or live my life, I'm too young to die! What if he doesn't want me back after all of this, what if he's angry that I didn't tell him about Chanyeol and leaves me for someone else, like a prostitute! Don't be ridiculous Minyoung, you're crazy, he would never go for a prossy, he'd go for someone young and rich and ten times better than you! But is that even possible? I don't know how long I'll go without food, I could use any form of energy right now, even the shit that they've attempted to feed me. Or even better, a Shake Shack, hmm yes.

It's hard to even keep my eyes open so I just keep them closed, don't want to waste any excess energy. Over the time I've spent here, I've realised that in this single room there is only one door, no cameras and a shit ton of weapons. On the second day, I attempted my first escape, it was easy to get out of the chair, once I made it to the garden I was shot in the leg. They did an excuse in patching it back up and then chained me up with chains that I'm sure are much heavier than myself. Every new member that walks in through the door makes me feel even more like shit, speaking of the door opening, looks like someone's here. I kept my eyes closed, but now it was my nose beaming with energy, is that? No way, it can't be, "Minyoung, I know you're awake, it's just me," spoke the familiarly soft voice. I looked up at him to see him looking quite battered and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned, "what happened to your face?" He smiled back and pointed to his bandaged nose, "oh nothing, just a little mission,"
"Don't lie, you're not good at it."
"I-it's nothing,"
"If it was nothing, I wouldn't have pointed it out, now spill."
"I just got into trouble, you shouldn't worry too much, you don't have enough energy to worry," I looked back down in defeat. He's right, why should I worry? He's the reason I'm here in the first place. "I got you something, I know how much you love Shake Shack," I looked back up in confusion, "unless you don't anymore, y-you don't have to eat it if you don't want to. But you do have to eat,"
"Did Suho tell you to get this?"
"No. He'd skin me if he finds out, so eat it quickly. I got you two Shake Stacks, two Cheese Fries, some frozen custard, a concrete and three iced teas with a lemonade," I looked back at him with an agape mouth, is he crazy? Sure, I'm starving, but I can't eat all of that! "What? Did I not bring you enough? Has your taste changed? It's ok if you don't like them, I can get you something else."
"How far did you travel to get them and what did you miss?"
"Oh, really it's not that far and don't be ridiculous, I didn't miss anything."
"Chanyeol!"
"Ok, I travelled like an hour and missed training, but it's okay. I just said that it was a family emergency, so please hurry up and eat it or someone will catch you," he replied hurriedly. "I can't,"
"Why not? Is it not good enough? If it isn't, I have loads of excuses and can get you something else,"
"No, I can't eat all of this by myself, eat with me." He tried his best to hide his smile, but it was too obvious, I knew that he was hungry as well. "You weren't lying that day were you?"
"No, he followed me, I'm so sorry, if I was careful then you wouldn't be here suffering."
"It's okay, but how did you convince him that, you know, we don't know each other."
"I told him that I received a coded message, which I did, and he believed me. It's not like I lied, I just didn't mention our past."
"I-I'm sorry," he looked back up in confusion,
"What?"
"I'm sorry, for abandoning you ten years ago," I spoke with teary eyes, "and I'm sorry for shouting at you and refusing to eat." His eyes now looked teary as he swallowed the remainder of his burger, "Minyoungah, you don't have to apologise,"
"N-no, it's not right. I should've done it a long time ago."
"You didn't let me finish, you don't have to apologise because I know you're sorry."
"T-thank you."
"We have to get you out of here, I hate seeing you like this."
"But how? They'll kill you if you help me escape."
"I-I don't know."