Chapter 33

Lee Minyoung

I look around, taking in the lightly coloured walls and tiled floors, staring at the hallways. It was gloomy; something I'm not entirely used to, a slight feeling of depression takes over my body as I continue to trudge. I turn to my left, hand-in-hand with the man I love, Doyoung. He always calmed me down at times like these, hospitals have always been something I hated. Something I tried my best to avoid, but this time it's unavoidable.

We proceed, taking a few turns here and there and nearly getting lost. By the time we had reached the room, it felt as if the chocolates had melted and the flowers had wilted. Upon entering, we both glanced at each other before taking a deep breath and walking in. There was a cold atmosphere in the room; the loneliness was far too unbearable for my liking. It was a VIP room, something we had to pay a lot for, but no price is high enough for Taeil. He had always looked after us growing up, protecting and giving us so much.

We both walk in, I try my best to hold in my tears; it's just so sudden. Taeyong sat next to his bed, head in his arms and sleeping. It's clear that he hasn't had much sleep in the past few days and Taeil, his face as pale as ever. He's awake, a small smile tugging at the ends of his lips as he notices us. "We got these for you," speaks Doyoung handing him the flowers, while I handed over the chocolates. His smile grows even more, "you guys, you didn't need to go through all of this." His voice is so frail and fragile; I'd never heard it like this before. I gulp, trying to contain my emotions. He's not going. He's not!

"How are you feeling?" I ask, sitting down next to the now awake Taeyong. His hair was a complete mess, and there was saliva at the ends of his mouth, I hadn't seen him like this in years. "I'm doing alright," he smiles, "just chilling over here." I rest my hands on my chin, putting slight pressure on my jaw, so I don't cry. It's so hard seeing him like this. He was all we ever looked up to. The only person we truly wanted happiness for, and now he's going to leave. He didn't even get the chance to find someone to get married. He dreamed of having kids, and now he can't even do that. The grip on my jaw gets even tighter as I continue to fight back the tears.

Taeil notices this, "don't worry Minyoung, I'm doing just fine! Just remember me well, okay?" At this point, it was too late, a flood of emotions take over my system as tears spill down my face. Taeyong pulls me into a firm hug, letting me cry over his back. I continue sobbing for a while, while he silently cries on my back. Taeil is like a brother, no he is a brother to us. He shielded and loved us, why, why him?

Eventually, I pull away from Taeyong composing myself and apologising for the sudden outburst. "Have some chocolates," I murmured, pointing at the unboxed goods, "I made them today. I know you love truffles the most." Doyoung was also sitting next to me, getting up to help Taeil with the box of chocolates. Taeil placed one into his mouth, a bright smile painted across his face as he indulged. It was as if we weren't even here like he wasn't going. Even at times like these, he managed to make us feel better and see the situation less darkly.

___________________________

After a few hours of sitting with Taeil and reminiscing, Doyoung and I decided to go back to the mansion. Taeyong stayed, unable to leave. We made it home, sighing at everything that had just happened. Doyoung was able to keep a straight face during the whole time at the hospital; being a doctor makes it easier. I, on the other hand, was a complete mess. When we got back, he sat on the bed and motioned for me to sit down with him. I sat, placing my head in his lap and closing my eyes. It was calm, peaceful, and something I had missed. The only thing heard was our breathing, the calmness, unlike any other. A few minutes later, I felt a drop on my face, a teardrop. I opened my eyes, and there he was, crying. His face was plain, a blank expression was written all over it, but tears still fell.

I picked myself up and was now face-to-face with him, wiping away his teary eyes with the back of my thumb. His breath heightened; it was uneasy and stuffy. I could feel his pain, only imagining how hard it must've been for him to stay strong in front of Taeil. "It's okay," I whisper, eyes locked with his and hands on his cheeks. "M-minyoung-ah," he speaks, slightly jittery, I place my index finger on his mouth. "You don't have to say anything, I understand." His head drops and falls into my chest; the silent sobs were growing louder and louder. I wrapped my arms around his back, pulling him in even tighter, and embracing him. "How could I not know?" he cries, "I'm supposed to be a doctor, and I couldn't even help him. I failed him Minyoungah like I failed Jungwoo." His wailing grows even louder, something I never have, in all my years of knowing him, heard before. At this point, I was also crying, listening to him, so broken shattered my heart.

I didn't know what to do, all I could do was pull him closer, hold him tighter. "None of this is your fault," I whispered, "None of this." He continued sobbing for what felt like hours, each second of it felt like torture.

3rd Person's P.O.V.

Youngho ran, out of breath, and panting. He had never been so worried in his life, one-moment Minah was with him, and the next, she was gone. He looked everywhere, searched high and low, but knew he couldn't find her without help.

He stood in front of the large mansion, the place he had sworn never to go back in. He could feel a small stinging sensation at the pit of his stomach. He kicked you out, why would he ever help you again? His conscious going crazy, why couldn't he make his mind up? His hands trembled under the moonlight, goosebumps scattered across his forearm. After a few minutes of silence, he took a deep breath and walked in, for Minah. The mansion was eerily silent; it was cold, too cold. He looked around, taking in his surroundings, the nostalgia kicking in. "What are you doing here?" asks a high pitched voice.
"Where's Taeyong?" asks Youngho, not paying much attention to the younger.

Donghyuck walks towards one of the main rooms, kicking back on the leather sofa and lifting his legs on a small stool, he shrugs, "hospital." Youngho freezes in his spot,
"W-what happened?" he worriedly asks. This only pleases Donghyuck even more, knowing something he doesn't. The feeling of a torturer torturing his victims, a small grin creeps on his face. "I guess something happened," he replies, still smug. Youngho wasn't having it; he was sick of Donghyuck's bullshit. Infuriated, he pulled the younger up by his shirt, mere centimetres away, "FUCKING TELL ME!" Donghyuck simply hangs in the elder's grip, dangling like a flower.
"Taeil," he whispers, "is dying." Youngho drops the younger, head tilting to the side in despair and incertitude.
"Now's not a good time to visit Taeyong," he speaks, picking himself up from the floor. "I'm sure you want to know where Minah is," he smiles. Youngho immediately turns in his direction, yanking him up once again, "speak before I rip your eyes out."

Donghuck, once again, smirks, "No, you won't." Youngho pushed him back to the floor, knocking over the stool in the process. "Tell me where she is! I won't ask nicely again." Donghyuck remained silent, then started giggling like a child. Provoked, Youngho punched him across the face and began to beat him up. Still, Donghyuck laughed like a madman, wiping his hands across his face, smearing the blood and spitting it out. That side of him was creeping out again, the side he couldn't control. The side that made him lose Minah. If he continued like this, his bad side would take over again, something he couldn't risk. "Ask Minyoung," he pants, "she'll tell you." Youngho dropped him to the ground and walked off; he couldn't be bothered to deal with Donghyuck's shenanigans. Donghyuck remained on the floor, smiling through the pain, like a psychopath.

Youngho had finally reached Minyoung's room, she waited outside for him, leaning on the door, having seen him come in through the cameras. "Minyoung!" he yelled, but was hushed,
"Shush! Doyoung is sleeping." She had just put him to sleep; after having such a stressful day, sleep was what he needed. "You're here about Minah, right?" she asks calmly. Youngho was confused. How did everyone know? "How do you know?" he asks, with a slightly threatening tone. Quite frankly, Minyoung wasn't scared of him at all; he was all bark and no bite in her eyes.

She stood up straight, walking closer to him, tilting her head ever so slightly to the side and replied, "It was my order."

So, Minyoung knew? Hmmm, I wonder what's going on...

Also, if you haven't already, please take a look at my new fanfic. It's a lot more dark and angsty! Once I've finished this FF, which will be soon, I will focus a lot more on Crime Lord.