Chapter 13

Kim Doyoung

"He's getting worse Taeil,"

"What do you mean? Does he not go to therapy?"

"He does, but therapy isn't always efficient, he might be in too de-"

"Don't say that!" He replied, cutting me off, "we can't be sure, h-he can't."

"Face it Taeil, he fucking harms himself, m-my little brother harmed himself without me knowing. H-how could I let him down like that," I sobbed.

"Doyoung, Doyoung! Listen to me right now, this is not your fault, look at me! This is not your fault, neither is it mine, no matter how hard I want to find someone to blame, I can't!"

"He's so young Hyung, so fucking young,"

"It happens to the best of us,"

"I wish, I wish, I just-"

"Just what," the whisper of a voice asked, it was Jungwoo. Was he listening in? No, the door was shut, we didn't hear it open? Unless-

"JUST WISH IT WAS YOU AND NOT ME? DO YOU THINK MY MENTAL HEALTH IS A JOKE?"

"Jungwoo, I-"

"NO DON'T DOYOUNG, DO YOU THINK THAT I LIKE LIVING LIKE THIS? LIVING IN FEAR OF MY FUCKING SELF! I WANT IT TO END, I WANT TO DIE!" He screamed, in what sounded like the most painful scream I had ever heard. He broke down on the floor, sobbing and screaming like I had never seen or heard before. Continuous streaks of tears rolled down my face, it was something I couldn't control. Taeil's face was just as shocked as mine, I had no idea it got this bad.

"P-please give me back my pills, t-they help me sleep. I need them,"

"They're not good for you Jungwoo, I can't," he suddenly built up with rage and jumped on top of me in a fit of anger and absolute hurt. "GIVE ME THEM! GIVE ME MY FUCKING PILLS!" He spat, with his hands gripped around my neck.

"J-Jungwoo, l-let go, p-please. Y-you're hurting me," by this point, Taeyong had run in and with the combined power of him and Taeil, pulled him off me. But he didn't stop, he kept screaming and wailing, he just didn't stop. His wailing grew too for much for me to handle, it felt like my ears were bleeding.

Lee Taeyong

I had to knock him out. It was the only thing I could do, I had never seen someone so out of control in my entire life and it broke my heart to see how he turned out. The poor boy was now lying on the floor and I was faced with the two who had supposedly made him like this, "what the fuck happened to him?"

"Hyung, h-he, he's ill. I-i don't know what happened, he was fine just the other day."

"Which pills was he referring to?"

"Zolpidem, but it doesn't make sense, those are not the symptoms of zolpidem at all. It shouldn't be that addictive at all,"

"Doyoung, are you sure it's just zolpidem."

"I-I the bottle read,"

"Doyoung, check what those pills are really made of. I have a feeling that he wasn't just taking Zolpidem."

I hated seeing the poor kid like this, and I hated having an audience. I turned around to the rest of the gang, "what are you all looking at? Get back to whatever you were doing, if any of you ever mention this again... well I don't even have to say what I'm going to do, you already know what I'll do." And just like that, they left, all of them except Minyoung. "Yongie," she whispered with red, swollen eyes, "I'm sorry for running away that day, I- it was wrong of me," I didn't care what she had to say, all I cared about was her safety. I pulled her into a tight hug and sobbed into her shoulder. I can't let her end up like this, it'll break me.