Chapter 4

3rd Person's P.O.V.

The night was long for him, the decisions he was making were not the best, but the best is what he thought they were. The gang was all he had, and he had broken rule 3, 'Innocent lives are made to strive.' If he hadn't known Taeyong from when they were young, he would've been kicked out. And by kicked out, he would've been slowly tortured by Donghyuck and then shot in the head. His thought train was all over the place; if only he hadn't been so obsessed and infatuated with her, then he wouldn't be in this situation. He endangered her safety and killed 103 innocent human beings, something he could never take back and live to regret his entire life. The clock ticked and the faucet dripped, but nothing could change his mind now, it was set. All he needed to do was inform the rest of the gang, and she'll be safe, he can't endanger her like that again. For the rest of the night, he stayed up, the sleeping pills didn't work, and he knew that this would be the first of many sleepless nights. At first, it'll hurt, but it's what needs to be done, after last night, he was sure that the entire gang would agree. And agree is what they did.

Kim Minah

Doyoung still had that smug face on, but it instantly dropped at the mention of Johnny, "where's Johnny," I asked.

"Youngho? He's on a mission. He has been for the past week. Shouldn't you be asking about Donghyuck? The one who saved you yesterday?"

"W- what are you talking about? Johnny saved me last night. I don't even know who this Donghyuck guy is."

"Well, you were sleeping when he brought you in. Maybe you just forgot, it's common for people to forget certain things after traumatic experiences," he proceeded. "N-no, it was Johnny. Doyoung I am telling you, I don't know who Donghyuck is, Johnny carried me in, Minyoung was there. Ask her; she'll tell you," I spoke desperately, there was no way it could've been this 'Donghyuck' guy he speaks of. "Another sign of trauma is hallucinating," he said with a straight face. "So you're telling me I hallucinated it all? T-that Johnny didn't get me, and it was really Donghyuck?" He looked down as if hiding something and looked back up. There was no way that this was real; it must be some sort of prank, that hug was real, and so are our feelings for each other. "I'm sorry Minah, but it was Donghyuck, there's not much else I can say about Youngho." I just nodded, there was no point in arguing, I know Johnny was there; it had to have been him. I'm not crazy, and I did not hallucinate, but what if he's right? No, I have to talk to Minyoung, she was there, and she'll tell me the truth.

Kim Doyoung

Guilty. That's how I felt; Minah didn't deserve this, especially after living eight years alone, she'll be heartbroken if she finds out. Youngho is delusional if he thinks all of this will work out well, but at what cost? Minah is a clever girl; she'll figure this all out. Emotions shouldn't be put away because of a complete accident, and I would argue with him about that all day. Still, Taeyong's word is always put first. After last night, with all the shouting, not even Taeil would disagree with him; maybe it is for the best.

Minah doesn't believe me, who would? I just hope Minyoung will be able to convince her, all she talked about was seeing her again, and now she has to lie to her face. I've lost count of the nights she confided in me and how upset she was. I remember how her eyes would turn glossy and beam under the moonlight in my arms and her uncontrolled sobs worrying for her best friend. I care for Minyoung the most, and I don't want her to get hurt, I won't be able to face seeing her cry again, it'll break me. They both don't deserve this but, if it is for the best, then I hope it all goes well. Hope was all I relied on for my medical exams, but I knew I aced them, I don't even wholly know the situation, and it's best if I stay out of it from now on.

Kim Minah

After Doyoung left, I ran straight to Minyoung's room. I had to know. I pushed open the door to be met with an upset looking Minyoung, "M-Minah w-what, are you doing here?" Instead of answering her, I ran into her arms, I had missed my best friend the most and seeing her sparked an emotion I couldn't quite describe. We both stood there, hugging and crying like babies. I had missed her so much. Atlanta was different, we stayed in contact, but this time we only sent letters through code until they stopped. After ten minutes, she finally spoke with a voice as soft as silk, "so you've been dancing in your free time?"