The Story of Us (Chapter 10)

*Author's Note: This chapter has a little sexy content in it. Nothing major, but, ya know.

I remember the first time I hung out with Remi. Like, just the two of us.

A lot of the time we would hang out in groups. Remi, Ari, Charlie, Maya, and I. Blaire and Loki would even join us from time to time.

But the one time it was just the two of us, was the most stress-filled and nerve- wracking day ever.

*2011*

"Have you ever been to that interactive art museum in the Arts District?" He asked me one day we were sitting in the cafeteria waiting for the rest of our friends to join us at the table.

"Interactive art museum? We have one of those here?"

"Yeah! They're really cool. Have you ever been to one at all?"

"No, but I've always wanted to go to one! Wait, why do you ask? You think we should go there the next time we all meet up and hang out? Let me tell the guys and see what they think."

"No!"

"Huh?"

"I mean, uh... no?"

"Why not? Remi, what's the matter? You don't want to hang out with our friends?"

"Of course, I do, but what about if I just want us to hang out?"

"We're hanging out now."

I was playing stupid. I knew exactly what Remi was saying. I could tell he wanted to ask me out. I just wanted to hear him say the words. I had never had anyone ask me out before and to be able to finally hear those words from someone I actually liked, well, it would make my day.

"I mean, uh, Nova. I know we're hanging out right now, but I want us to hang out in a setting outside of school. Without our friends. What I'm trying to say, Nova, is will you go out with me? Like on a date."

Even though I already knew that I wanted to hear those words come from his pretty and moisturized lips; to actually hear them come out was a different story.

I sat frozen. My mouth slightly ajar. Possibly a pool of spit forming in my mouth.

"You wanna go out with me on a date?" I asked still astonished.

Remi smiled like he couldn't believe someone like me was really asking that question.

"Why does that surprise you?" He asked me.

"Uh, no one has ever asked me out before. I'm not exactly someone guys just ask out. I've never been on a date. I guess there are better looking girls for them to ask out."

"Not for me. I've been wanting to ask you out for like a month now. That's a lie. I've been wanting to ask you out since I met you, but I didn't think you would like that. You seemed like the type to want to be friends first, then something more."

"You're right. I do prefer to already know the person at least some degree before going out with them. Of course, it's never happened to me till now though. But why me?"

"Why not you? Can I not like you? Can I not think that you are the wittiest, smartest, most caring, illest , and most beautiful girl I've met? The girls back home got nothing on you. I can't wait to tell my friends back home that I went out with a beautiful black queen."

"You are laying it on thick huh? And what do you mean you can't wait to tell them? I haven't agreed yet," I say teasing him knowing full and well I can't wait to say yes to my first date.