The Rouge Black Sheep (Chapter 32)

"You want to do what?! Are you sure about this Ari?"

This was like a bitch-slap to my face. It came out of nowhere and left me looking like a stunned fool.

Where did this sudden decision come from? Is it my fault? Was it because we got into that argument earlier today?

"I'm sure Nova. And no this isn't anything to do with you. Well, no, I take that back. It does have something partly to do with you. I dragged you into my mess and you were kind and loyal enough to go along with me, but I shouldn't have placed you in such a predicament. I forced you to be a part of this huge lie to my family that just keeps getting larger and larger. How long am I going to allow this to continue?

The more I have you lie for me, the more I am straining your relationship with my family, and honestly my relationship with you and your family too. I know I keep apologizing to you and it probably means nothing to you by now, but I'm sorry. The even worse thing is that I feel like I'm going to upset and disappoint you again sometime soon and will have to apologize for that too."

I stand there dumbfounded. I was originally so profusely and unboundedly angry with Ari for bringing me into the lie that he constructed for his family, yet something told me to go along with it. I was probably stupid for accepting to help make the lie seem real, but I couldn't not help him.

Ari was scared, he was terrified. Coming out to his family could either make or break him. He felt like he would lose the love he once had from them.

But he's right, if telling them that he's gay doesn't break that love, then surly this extended lie we've built will.

"Ok. I'm not going to try and convince you to keep going with the lie, because you're right. It's gone on long enough and it's starting to get out of hand. I'm happy for you that you've finally come to this decision on your own. I'll still be right here with you as you tell them."

"Well, yeah, of course you will, you're kind of stuck with me till we drive back," he jokes.

I smile and roll my eyes at him and close the bathroom door.

He's such an adorable stupid idiot. And I may be an idiot too for sticking with him for this long.

"Thank you for loving me and putting up with me and my bullshit for so long!" I hear him say from the other side of the closed door.

"Yeah, yeah!" I say back before hopping into the shower.

We were finally making our way back to the Matthews' family vacation home the next day and I was relieved

We were finally making our way back to the Matthews' family vacation home the next day and I was relieved. This was about to be the turning point in everyone's life and the start of something new for Ari. Let's not forget that this was also going to release me from the lie that is me being his girlfriend.

"So, when do you plan on telling them?" I asked him as he drove the dark cerulean Ford F-150 rental out of the parking lot behind his parent's Escalade.