Straight from the Horse's Mouth Pt. 11 (Chapter 38)

*Author's Note: There is a possible trigger warning for this chapter and a little bit of sexual content.

Ari's P.O.V.

Even with it being the dead of night, and dark as shit outside, that didn't stop me from trying to make it to the park. Not even when I began hearing the rustling sounds of something moving in the bushes next to me, or when I spotted multiple masked raccoons banding together to overturn a trashcan for a late-night meal.

I was determined to make it to my saving grace. I was determined to make it to a place where I felt safe.

I had to get there.

It took me all of forty minutes to finally get to the park

It took me all of forty minutes to finally get to the park. I should seriously think about getting back into shape and building up my stamina. Especially if I am expecting to be having as much sex in the future with Nova as I'm hoping I can.
I should've been able to arrive there sooner, but my legs felt ready to give out and my lungs were on fuego number ten. My anger and anxiousness coupled together wasn't making this any better.

The park was understandably deserted and quiet. No cars, no people except for me which is just the way I needed it to be. There is something eerily comforting about that though.

I find an elevated sidewalk lamp with a satisfactory looking bench underneath and decided to post my sad ass there for a while. I am starting to wish I had brought a blanket with me though. Even though it's the summertime and the dead of heat, sometimes it gets a little chilly out here during the night.

But that's fine, I can use my anger and irritation to keep me warm.

Damn, that was lame.

I'm just so angry. How could my dad say those things? Did he really view me that way? Was he really going to be that stubborn?

I don't know how I actually viewed that conversation going any better than it did, though. I should've known he wasn't going to be accepting of me right off the bat. I am such a fool.

A fool who deep down still is begging for his father's approval and doesn't know what to do about it or how to gain it.

Like, where do my father and I even go from here? Will we not talk for a few days and then go back to normal? Or is this the last time he ever speaks to me?

But it's not my fault he doesn't understand. It's 2017! Gay marriage is legal! People are out and proud and are being accepted! Why is he still choosing to live in the prehistoric times?! Why can't he just love me for me?! I haven't changed! I'm still the same son he's always had! He wouldn't have even known if I hadn't said anything.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS!

"FUCK!" I yell out into the quiet night suddenly. I huff out the deep breath that was caught in my throat and place my elbows on my knees; using my hands to cover my anguished face.