Longing, Lusting, Loving Looks (Chapter 46)

I couldn't believe this moment was happening. My best friend is getting married! Soon enough, it'll just be me in my lonesome. I'm not gonna lie and say that thought doesn't haunt me just a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for the lovebirds and I'm proud of my best friend for finding and keeping someone like Dakota, but I am a little sad that it won't be the two of us in our home anymore. It'll feel lifeless without her loud, booming voice and personality.

Maya has already started moving her belongings out and into the cute brownstone townhouse she and Dakota found and picked out together to begin their new married life. It was a two-bedroom place here in the midtown area of the city. That's right, she managed to move Dakota from L.A. to here. I'm so glad that the two of them will still be here in the city so I can visit and hang out with them whenever it's cool.

Other than being lonely here, the only other downside is that I'll need to move from the apartment soon as well. I'm not broke, but I also don't want to pay an extensive price for an apartment if I can find a larger house with more space for less than what I would be paying in rent by myself.

I wonder if Ari will have the same problem that I am. He and his brother shared an apartment together after he graduated, but with Dakota moving here, will Ari want to move as well? Not necessarily here to this city, but in general since he'll be by himself too.

Why am I thinking about him? How about I just think about how gorgeous this venue and location is that the soon to be married couple picked out.

Since flowers are an important and large running theme of the wedding, Maya and Dakota decided on the botanical gardens to hold the ceremony in and the three-story grand mansion located on the grounds for the reception.

The ceremony itself was to be held outside in one of the many vast exquisite gardens. Even though it's June and it should be sweltering outside right now, they somehow managed to pick a day that was a cool 65 degrees out. I'm fairly certain everyone in the Reyes clan prayed for the perfect weather for this special day.

The venue managed to have some of the exact type of flowers that were in the field when Dakota proposed to Maya at the celebration over a year ago, which made it that much more special.

There were these large, square, shimmery, coal black flat stones placed to make a pathway for the bride when she walked down the "aisle"; cushioned white individual wooden chairs on either sides for the guests, and a white wooden arched awning decked in little purple flowers for the lovely couple to stand beneath along with the preacher.

Bright "Valentine's Day" red, maroon, violet, mustard yellow, burnt orange, and deep relaxing ornate flowers were shrewn on either side of the ceremony grounds. To top everything off and make it exceptionally magical, there were tiny fairy lights placed sporadically within the flowers. The baby lights were meant to resemble little Lightning Bugs lighting up the area with their enchanting warm glow.

The entire decor was immaculately beautiful, but I guess they said fuck anyone with seasonal allergies. Here's to hoping no one's sneezing gets mistaken for the Corona virus.

The scenery, vibe, and overall mood gave off an appearance directly from a dramatically romantic beach sunset scene from a cheesy movie, none the less.

By now all of the guests had arrived and were waiting for the groomsmen and bridesmaids to walk through the garden, thus commencing the ceremony.

I stood in anticipation waiting at the head of the bridesmaids' line inside of the building to get the 'go ahead' from the planner. I bounced nervously from one heeled foot to the other, excited to get this process started. I was going to be walking down the aisle with Dakota's favorite cousin Stiles.