Straight from the Horse's Mouth Pt. 4.3 (Chapter 16)

*Author's Note: Another small possibly triggering content warning. Nothing too big, but you never know.

Christmas time 2013, Poconos, PA

The air between Charlie and I has been a little stiff ever since we had our big argument. He didn't come back to the apartment till the late afternoon the next day, sobered up but a bit hazy as to why I wasn't out with him.

I don't know if I believe his temporary memory loss, because I'm fairly certain he told his friends in his drunken state what happened. Bean told me as much. Even he was annoyed that Charlie had been so drunk and was still trying to go out even though he left me behind. He also believed that Charlie should've just stayed home, but he knew he needed to stay with him to make sure nothing disastrous happened to him.

Bean is apparently one of the only responsible ones in their friend group and I'm grateful for that. He kept me from being completely worried sick by keeping me updated on my boyfriend's well-being throughout the night.

It had been a couple days since the incident and we still hadn't spoken about it. I decided that I would wait for Charlie to finally speak up and enlighten me as to where his insecurities stem, but I want to definitely wait till after we spend time with his family.

His family is filthy rich. Like that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, rich. His mom and stepdad were the ones who lived in the Poconos along with their two kids.
The two of them owned acres of land that housed a hidden resort, spa, shopping area, sports and rec area, and much more. It was mainly used as a secret getaway destination for a deep number of famous celebrities, but if you had beaucoup amounts of money to frivolously blow, you could stay there as well.

I had never met Charlie's mom and stepdad or the kids. Charlie previously lived with his dad while he was in grade school, and since his mom lived so far away, I never had the chance to meet her. However, he highly speaks of his mom and stepdad so that was safe. It was just the two half siblings he didn't have that great of appreciation for. He said they were like Cinderella's stepsisters. Twin girls named Reece and Riley who thought they were the shit.

They were "the shit" all right. The shittiest teenagers I've met in a while. They were the reasons why you, a fresh out of teendom kid yourself, started hating teenagers.
One with blonde hair and the other with blonde hair, but a little bit of blue ombre added to it. They looked like they wanted to be the next Kylie and Kendall Jenner.
Collagen injected puckered lips, rings on each finger, and buttpads. They are the epitome of the word "spoiled".

Unfortunately for me, they also thought I was hot and would not stop following me around or trying to talk to me even though I explained to them that I was not interested. Occasionally, I would catch them trying to make Instagram stories of me for anything I did.

Eating a bowl of cereal.

Coming out of the bathroom after taking a shit.

Putting on my socks.

Helping Charlie shovel the driveway.

Coming out of the shower.

They even caught me from the living room window when I slipped on ice in the driveway and fell on my ass.

Kids these days need hobbies again that don't involve a phone.

This was all a couple days after Christmas passed though.

Charlie and I had arrived at the house on Christmas Day to the suffocating hugs of his grandmother and grandfather, mother, and a few aunts. The handshakes of his stepfather and uncles who were too "manly" for a hug, and the screams of young and old cousins who were excited to see him.