Looks Like the Cat Is Out of the Bag (Chapter 13)

A couple of days later, I met up with Maya so together we could meet up with Ari to hangout at an old favorite restaurant spot of ours.
The place was a culmination of four ethnic and international mini restaurants all under one roof with a large room for everyone to come together and eat, like a cafeteria.

The place served nothing but healthy foods. I know how that sounds. Healthy food and this place is one of our favorite hangout spots? They served all your favorite foods and new ones you've never tried, but healthy. Meaning, no extra additives, no MSG, no GMOs, no fillers, no fatty oils, no over addition of salt, no white sugar, instead they use raw sugarcane sugar and honey. They used humanely treated and properly fed meats for the meat eaters, fresh veggies and fruits from local vendors, reusable and recyclable utensils, and everything was fairly and decently priced.

For some reason when people think of healthy, they think it's not going to taste good, that everything will be bland and not filling, but baaabyyyy, this place was fye as fuck!

Spices and flavors from different places used to enhance the already fresh tasting foods, cultural alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages from different lands, and music over the speakers from each of those countries represented.
America needs more places like this.

"How has the past few days been with your family?" I asked Maya. It was just the two of us sharing a basket of sweet potato fries while we waited for Ari to get his always ass there.

"The time I've spent with them was good. You know I love my crazy family. We're already planning a trip back to the home country. Speaking of which, you are coming with us when we go next time, girl. However, I haven't been at my home here a whole lot."

"Heck yeah I'm down to go to the Caribbean to finally see my bestie's home. And to hang out with your crazy funny fam and to eat all that delectable food. But, why haven't you been at home much? Where have you been?"

Maya sat there quietly smiling like she was envisioning the reason why she hadn't been home.

Let me find out my friend is involved in some kind of drugs.

"Is it drugs? Are you doing the "white man's powder"? That baking soda? Or is it...the meth?? Are you becoming a crackhead?! Honey, you got so much more to live for! You're also too big for me to drag to a hospital," I say to her loudly so the people around us can hear.

Maya glares at me. Clearly not finding the humor in my joking around with her.

"No, puta. I'm not "partaking in the white man's drug". I ain't stupid. Buuuuttt,"

"Yeeesss???"

"I have been talking to a guy."

I gasp loudly and slap my hands on my face like Kevin in Home Alone.

"Girl! Who is it?! Is it someone I know?! Is he cute??"

Maya laughs at my excitement knowing full and well she's not gonna tell me who it is.

"I'm not going to tell you who it is yet, but yes, you do know him and yes, he is very cute."

I continue to squeal in excitement for my best friend. I was so happy when she finally moved on from Ari and started seeing other guys. Although, I wasn't the happiest when she started talking to dudes over dating apps. Even after we told her about that mess the first time, she continued to occasionally talk to guys. Not all of them were bad guys though, thank goodness, but she had her fair share of catfishes both times.

"It's not another catfish is it? Do I need to call Nev and Max?" I ask suddenly concerned.

"Nooo hoe! Shit! Calm the fuck down. You know this guy personally."