Straight from the Horse's Mouth 4.2 (Chapter 15)

*Author's Note: There is some content closer to end of the chapter that may or may not be triggering.

Charlie had a blast in California. It was like he was born to live in this state. He took to the changes so well and fit right in with the locals. He was made an honorary member in my group of friends and they loved him. Cam especially loved him. If I didn't know any better, I would think she liked him more than she liked me.

But I know that's not the case. I'm just too damn charming.

We even hung out with Dakota for a couple of days before he left to go back home. Dakota has always liked Charlie. Of course, he isn't aware that he is my boyfriend, but he's always been aware of his status as my best friend.

Dakota acted as our tour guide and showed us around different areas of LA that I had never experienced before but since he's been living here longer than I have, he knew of a few more special hidden gems than I did.

However, today is the day Charlie and I were boarding our flight with Delta Airlines to take Charlie back home and for us to spend the Christmas holiday there with some of his family that lives in the Poconos of Pennsylvania.

I can't wait to go to New York! The "Concrete Jungle" the "City That Never Sleeps"!
Charlie was already overly excited for me to meet his friends there and show me around his campus and take me to all the hot lbgtq spots he frequented. But most of all, I think he was excited to just spend some more time with me. I mean who wouldn't want to spend an abundance of time with me? I'm great!

Just kidding.

Or am I?

"Babe, are you ready to go? Do you have all your stuff packed? Cam and Whit will be here in about twenty minutes to take us to the airport," I tell him while he searches for a snack in my fridge

"Yeah I'm ready to go. Although, I think I'm really gonna miss this city. I definitely have to come back soon."

"Glad you love it so much. Next time we'll have to travel to another city so you can see more of the state. What are you doing in the fridge? You'll let all the cold air out."

"Sorry mom," Charlie says sarcastically, "I was trying to find a snack before we go but there's nothing in here that I want."

"Well, what do you want?"

Charlie stops rummaging and closes the refrigerator door, making his way into my living room to stand behind me where I sat on the couch. He leans down to wrap his arms around my neck and kisses the side of my neck.

"I think I'm feelin' you as a snack," he responds slyly. I can practically hear the seductive grin forming on his face.

I laugh at his silliness but notice he's not laughing with me.

"Babe, you aren't serious. The girls will be here soon. We wouldn't have time."

"I don't need that much time to take you to another planet and return you back to earth."