Straight from the Horse's Mouth Pt. 7 (Chapter 31)

Ari's P.O.V
After the argument

I am fully aware that I shouldn't have walked away from her or left her behind, but I needed to leave before my stupid mouth opened back up and spouted something ignorant that I didn't actually mean. I've never been too great with thinking before I speak when I'm mad.

Even though I have no right to be mad right now. Or at least, not with her. Just myself.

I was going to head back to the room, but I don't want to go there yet, so I think I will go find my family instead.

"Yo! Ari!" I hear a familiar male voice yell out as soon as I go indoors.

It was Dak with Georgia sitting poolside not too far away.

I briskly walked over to them and steal the pool chair someone stupidly left open as soon as they got up. I laid out to attempt to relax, but I should've known better than that with these two.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Dak asked.

Ha, "girlfriend".

"She's probably headed back to the room by now," I responded flatly.

"Why? She forget something and then gonna head here?"

"Nope. She's mad at me."

"What did you do now?" Georgia says rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"What makes you think I am in the wrong?" I asked accusingly. I already knew I was in the wrong, but I wanna know where this girl gets off believing I automatically did something.

"When do you not do something stupid? You always put that big athlete's foot of yours in your mouth."

"Shut up Gia. I did in fact do something stupid, but whatever to you always automatically assuming right off the bat."

"But she was right though," Dakota chimes in shrugging.

I roll my eyes and turn back to watch a kid jump into he pool and then instantly get in trouble from the lifeguard.

"So, what did you do?" She asked.

"She was talking to some guy."

"Why was she talking to this guy?" Dakota asks.

"Better question, was he hot?" Georgia asks.

"He helped her up off the shore. Earlier, she jumped out of her canoe and swam to the shore and he helped her up before I could make it there. And yes, by your standards little sister, he was hot."

"Wait, she jumped out of the boat? Why?" Dakota wanted to know.

"A spider."

"Ahh," they both agreed.

"So, where do you come in?" Georgia asks after taking a sip of her frozen strawberry daiquiris.

"I got mad at her for talking to this guy and I admit that I was acting all jealous, and when she asked me why I was acting jealous I told her I didn't know, and she couldn't just take that as an acceptable answer. I accidentally yelled and cursed at her."

They both just stared at me, Georgia shaking her head ashamedly.

"Dude, you never tell a girl, "I don't know". You better always have an explanation. There is no such thing as "I don't know," Dakota says laying down the older brother knowledge.

"He's right. Also, don't you trust Nova? Has she ever given you a reason to think that she would cheat on you? Much less, right in front of you. She's probably upset and feels like you have no trust in her. She was literally just talking to the guy who helped her up. Did you expect her to swat him away and say, "No! I'm waiting for my boyfriend to help me up when he finally gets here!" No. Did you at least apologize to her?" My sister asks.