Chapter 1: Stone World

Wow, that was... decent... I'll make it less cringe this time.

Edited: October 1 2023
___

The day all the humans around the world
turned to stone

The door of the science club room was slammed open, making a sound loud enough to startle all the club members present inside.

A tall girl with glasses accidentally poured all of the liquid down the counter on someone's station.

While a shorter girl, who is the one holding an empty glass bottle for the previous girl to pour the liquid in, almost dropped it on the floor.

It would've fallen down on the floor and shatter into pieces if it isn't for a third girl holding out her hand and stabilizing it.

The tall and short girls, Lalaine and Athena respectively, freaked out.

Lalaine did her best to act as if nothing happened, while Athena hurried to put everything back in place. If it had broke, Ana, the person who caught it, wouldn't be the only one who will scold them, but also the president of the club.

"HEAR ME OUT SENKU!!"

All around them, the other club members were a bit surprised at the newcomer's sudden outburst.

Except for said Senku, who just continued to push plastic bottles into his machine.

"TODAY, I'VE DECIDED, TO TELL MY FIVE YEARS OF FEELINGS TO YUZURIHA."

Senku looked like he couldn't care less, unfazed at the loud noise as he was used to it, being friends with him for over five years.

"Oooh... That is super interesting, interesting really. I will cheer for you until my vocal chords break, right here from this clubroom."

The three girls snorted to themselves.

' Sarcasm 100.'

However, Taiju seemed oblivious to the real tone in his friend's statement.

"REALLY? THANK YOU SENKU!"

Senku scoffed.

"Shut up, I have zero intention to cheer you, big guy."

This confused Taiju.

"WHAT?! Which side are you on?"

Apparently, students started a betting poll on how hard he'll get rejected by Yuzuriha.

Athena facepalmed at him, now Senku will start to rant about logical actions.

As far as she know, only Ana listens to the entirety of any of his rants because she said something like.

'There's no such thing as 'useless' information' and to learn new topics. Especially Astronomy.

Athena groaned under her breath, don't bring up that one subject to any of those two. Especially if those two are in the same area.

Senku may be smarter than Ana at most areas by ten billion percent certainty but she is just or maybe about two steps behind him when it comes to Astronomy. You'll receive a full textbook rant when you do that.

'H ere he goes...'

"First of all, you not telling her your feelings for five years is completely illogical, stupid."

Senku picked up one of the bottle glass on his station.

Ana focused her attention on the thing he's holding now.