Lena Luthor x Reader

You and Lena have been dating for almost a year. No one really knows about your relationship. Everyone just thinks the two of you are friends. You and Lena get into a huge fight about your relationship being a secret after you catch multiple people flirting with her at her Gala.

Warning - Language slight angst 

My wife tho look at those eyes 

(Y/N)- Your Name

(F/D)- Favorite Drink

(Y/N/N)- Your Nickname 

(E/C)- Eye Color

You took a sip of (F/D) as you watched another rich white guy flirt with your girlfriend. You scoffed as Lena laughed at one of jokes resting her hand on his arm. You were getting tired of this. Why do you ever come to these Galas anymore? All you ever do is sit by yourself, occasionally with Kara when she shows up, and glare daggers at every person who walks up to and flirts with your girlfriend. Yet you can do nothing to put a stop to it because no one ever knows you two are together. Your (E/C) eyes meet Lenas from across the room and you can see the frown pulling at her lips from where you sit. You quickly look away from her and continue to drink your (F/D). You just wanted to leave or better yet you wanted to turn back time and find any excuse to not be here to begin with. You sighed as you heard her walking closer to you. Lena was practically right behind you at this point. You looked around and saw a couple people looking your way but no one near enough to be able to listen into the conversation that was bound to happen. All you could think as she placed her hand on your shoulder was don't say it. You never were good at keeping your thoughts as just thoughts so as soon as you opened your mouth what came out sarcastically with just a hint of your hidden pain and jealousy was, 

"Careful Lena people might begin to think there's something going on between us and we cant have that can we?" You heard the small sharp intake of breath from her that followed what you had said. You should have known that coming and staying here was a bad idea. 

"(Y/N)," Lena sighed out, "Can we not do this right now." You scoffed and shook your head. 

"Sure Lena whatever you want. I'm just going to head home. Let me know when you decide we can actually talk." You told her as you stood up shaking her hand off your shoulder and walking out. You knew you shouldn't have done that but after your relationship being kept a secret for a year you were just done. You didn't want to be a secret. You wanted to be able to shout your love for Lena from the roof tops, but every time you tried to talk to her about going public with your relationship she always had some new excuse ready. You began to think that Lena just preferred to keep you a secret. You hailed a cab and gave them the address for Lenas place. You rested your head against the window and let the tears flow from the pain this whole situation was causing you. After the cab dropped you off and you entered Lenas penthouse you went to the bedroom to get out of the fancy outfit you had to wear to the gala. You changed into a sweatshirt and sweatpants. After changing you headed into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water before going to living room and sitting on the couch. Turning on the TV you tried to find anything to try and hold your attention but ended just putting it on some random movie you knew you weren't going to watch. You got lost in thought trying to figure out what to do with this whole situation. You were no closer to a solution when Lena walked through the door a couple hours later. You looked up as you heard her heels click across the floor bringing her closer to you. You look you your (E/C) eyes meeting her pale emerald eyes. You quickly looked away from her and looked at your hands as you began to fidget.

"We need to talk (Y/N) about what you said at the gala." Lena said as she took a seat beside you slipping off her heels. You sighed looking back up at her knowing very well this may be the last time you talked. You tried your hardest to burn the picture of her into your mind.

"I'm tired of being a secret Lena. I want to be able to hold your hand in public, take you out on romantic dates, and tell everyone in the world that I love you." You told her as you tried to keep eye contact but you kept looking away from her too nervous to be able to keep your eyes on her. You heard her sigh as she reached out and put her hands over yours.

"(Y/N) you know we can't its too dangerous. You could end up the target of my mother or my brother. I would never forgive myself if I was the reason you were hurt." Lena whispered to you softly. You scoffed and yanked your hands out from underneath hers as you stand up. 

"You already are hurting me Lena! It's killing me to not to be able to love you freely! It kills me every time I have to sit and watch some rich white MOTHERFUCKER FLIRT WITH YOU AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!" You exploded and Lena just sat there with her eyes wide meeting your fuming (E/C) eyes and jaw dropped open in surprise. You had never yelled at her like that before. You had always been calm and rational. You rub your eyes as the tears began to flow freely once again. You hadn't meant to explode like that but all this pain and jealousy was festering inside you. 

"I can't do this Lena I cant keep being your secret. I'm just so tired and the pain this is causing me is too much for me to try and continue to shoulder and deal with." You whispered softly. You could by the look in her eyes that she knew what you were about to say. Her beautiful green eyes sparkling with the tears that had begun to fill them. She reached out for you trying to hold onto you. 

"Please," she sobbed out "Please don't do this." You shook your head taking a step back away from her and looking away from her. You couldn't look at her right now. You knew your resolve would break the moment your eyes meet hers again. You needed to do this for yourself and for your own sanity. 

"Darling please," she tried to get out in between her sobs. She got up and took a step towards you as you took another step back. You both kept repeating the process until your back met the wall. 

"Please (Y/N) I can't lose you." You could hear her voice crack on the last word. You looked up at her as your tears continued to fall. The pain in her eyes haunting you. You placed one of your hands on the side of her face. Your other hand going to rest on her hip. She pressed her forehead against yours. Her hands pulling your face closer to her your lips meeting as your tears mixed together. You don't know how long the both of you stood there kissing. Neither one of you pulling back until your lungs begged for air.

"I love you. You are my world (Y/N/N). I can't do this without you. I'm so sorry for everything. I should have seen how this whole situation was affecting you." Lena whispered against your lips before pulling you into another kiss. This time you pulled back first shaking your head.

"You couldn't have known Lena. This is just as much my fault. I should have said something to you about the way our relationship being a secret made me feel." You murmured. She just held onto you tighter. You both knew that you would still need to talk to each other but for right now you were both okay with just holding each other tightly. Not everything had been fixed but hopefully this was the start of a new better beginning.