Maggie Sawyer x Reader

You and Maggie had your life together planned out. You were gonna grow old together but not all plans work out the way you want them to.
Warnings- Angst, Mentions of Blood, Depression, Self-Destruction, Alcohol Let me know if you want me to add anymore

(Y/N)- Your Name
(F/S)- Favorite Show

You had never been happier. You and Maggie had moved into an apartment together. You were currently laying on the couch watching (F/S). She had just proposed to you a month ago and you couldn't wait for the wedding. Everything seemed to finally be falling into place for you two after all of your struggles. You and Maggie were going to spend forever together. You were going to get a house out in the country and fill it with a bunch of animals. Neither one of you wanted kids. You had spent so many nights staying up together talking about your future. You both had everything planned out. You pulled your phone out of your pocket and smiled at the text you had just received from the love of your life.

Maggie: Hey future Mrs. Sawyer just wanted to let you know that I will be home late tonight. Seems like bad guys can't seem to respect the plans we made. Promise I'll make it up to you mi amor.

You shook your head and let out a small laugh. Ever since Maggie had proposed to you she began calling you future Mrs. Sawyer. It honestly warmed your heart. While Maggie was a little more reserved, little things like that really showed how much she loves you. She was always a little hesitant to say those 3 words but you didn't mind.

(Y/N): Well what can you do. Guess the plans will just have to wait until next time. You better catch those bad guys though. Can't have them ruining our next night out like this now can we?

You sent the message and put your phone down waiting for her response. You loved the little back and forth between the two of you. It was something that you had done with each other since the beginning. It was barely a minute later when your phone dinged. You quickly picked it up and a smile formed on your face as you read her response.

Maggie: Of course I'm going to catch them. It's me we are talking about here. I wouldn't allow someone to ruin the evening I have planned with you twice. Come on now.

You laughed. A typical Maggie response. You just sent her a thumbs up and laughing emoji. You decided that since your plans for the night were going to have to be rescheduled that you would just go take a nap and when you woke up hopefully Maggie would be home. You debated for awhile on wether or not you should just take a nap on the couch or in your bed. After going back and forth with yourself about the pros and cons of staying on the couch you decided it would probably be more comfortable to sleep on the bed. You grabbed your phone and made your way to the bedroom you shared with Maggie. As you walked through the door a small, soft smile appeared on your lips. You still couldn't believe you had finally been able to move in with the woman of your dreams. You made your way to the bed. Before laying down you made sure to plug your phone in.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

You awoke to the sound of your phone going off. You reached your hand out blindly searching for your phone. You managed to find and you pressed the little green button.
"Hello." You managed to rasp out.
"Is this (Y/N) (L/N)?" A voice you didn't recognize asked you on the other end of the line.
"Yes." You tried you keep your answers short. You didn't know who was on the other end of the phone and you didn't want to give away too much information just in case it was some kind of scammer calling you.
"I'm sorry to inform you that your fiancée Maggie Sawyer was shot earlier. She is in critical condition. We have someone on their way to you right now to bring you to the hospital." You felt like the life had just been sucked out of you. This couldn't be right. Maggie couldn't be hurt. She just...she just couldn't. You couldn't hear what the person was saying anymore. It all just sounded like static to you. All you could think about was that you could be losing the love of your life. There was a knock on your door and you don't remember getting up or leaving your apartment but all of a sudden you were in a cop car speeding on the way to the hospital Maggie was at. Everything seemed to pass by like a movie that you weren't paying complete attention to because now you were standing in a waiting room full of Maggie's friends and co-workers. It seemed like an infinity before a doctor came into the room.
"Who is here for Maggie Sawyer?" The doctor asked the room full of people. You immediately stood up and made your way to him.
"I'm her fiancée. What's going on?" You asked praying that you hadn't just lost the most important person in the world to you. The doctor looked at you with his eyes full of regret and pain. You had already begun shaking your head before he started talking.
"I'm so sorry. We tried everything we could but she had lost too much blood and the injuries were too extensive." You fell to your knees and let out a pain filled scream.
"NO! NO! NO! SHE CANT! PLEASE!" Everyone watched with pain in their eyes as you completely broke down. No one said anything as they all let the news wash over them and their eyes filled with tears before streaming down their cheeks. They had lost a partner, a friend, a woman they considered a sister. Yet none of them could even begin to understand the agonizing pain that was taking over the place your heart had once been. The rest of the night passed by in a blur for you. You couldn't remember or really even process anything. You don't remember how you got home all you remember is waking up the next morning praying for it all to be a bad dream but it wasn't. You sat up and looked over at her side of the bed. A side she would never occupy again. Maggie was gone forever. You would never get your chance to marry her, move into a house together, adopt a couple dogs, and grow old together. You hadn't even realized you were crying until the tears dropped down your face onto your hands.
"You promised me forever Maggie. You promised we would grow old together and now you won't be here. All those plans. I can't...I can't do them. Not without you." You just let the pain completely consume you as you continued to imagine all the firsts you and Maggie had never got to experience and now never would.