Kara Danvers x Platonic!Reader

Requested from Tumblr-

Can you make a plationic Male reader X Kara them being best friends the moment they meet the reader has powers (your choice) and during a big fight Kara's affected by kryptonite and the reader keeps getting knocked down but keeps getting back up & fighting no matter what.

A/N- Reader is Gender Neutral hope that is ok. Also hope y'all like this. Sorry for not uploading as much my life has kind of gotten out of hand at the moment.

(Y/N)- Your Name

(SH/N)- Superhero Name

Warnings- Mentions of blood and injuries, Mentions of Death, 

You and Kara had been best friends for years. It all started back in Midvale where you both attended high school. Shortly after the two of had begun to hang out you felt like you could trust Kara so you told her about your powers. You had super strength and control over the 4 elements. After you had told her about your powers she told you about how she was actually from Krypton and from there your friendship with her only grew stronger. So when you had heard about Supergirl in National City you made your way there immediately. After much discussion between you, Kara, and Alex, who was like a sister to you, you decided you would help Kara fight crime in National City. You never once regretted your decision. Not even now with blood dripping down your face. Kara was unable to help due to the attackers having Kryptonite. You had lost track from how many times you had been knocked onto your ass but you refused to stay down. You couldn't let them harm any of the civilians or Kara. You let out a groan of pain as the CADMUS experiment landed another hit on you. You tried to keep up with it but it almost seemed to blur in and out of your vision. 

"Give up (SH/N). You don't stand a chance against me." You gritted your teeth together and slowly stood back up.

"I will never give up." You spat out the blood that had began to gather in your mouth right in its face. You realized a second too late that that may not have been the best choice. Before you could say or do anything else you felt yourself flying across the street and slamming into a building. The pain traveled through your body and you knew this was it. There would be no tomorrow for you. No more teasing Alex with Kara, no more game nights with your chosen family, you would never get to see Kara's and Lena's relationship bloom, and you wouldn't be there to help Kara and Winn play pranks on everyone. You felt the tears begin to build in your eyes. You watched the blurry figure of the CADMUS experiment begin to make its way closer to you. You were vaguely aware of someone yelling at you through your comm but you weren't able to focus on what they were saying. The experiment stopped in front of you with a sinister smile on its face. 

"Any last words?"

You gritted your teeth trying to keep in your tears. You didn't want to give it the satisfaction of seeing you cry.

"I'm gonna miss game night guys." You managed to say. You could hear crying and screaming but you couldn't focus on it. Everything was beginning to become fuzzy. You couldn't keep your eyes open anymore and you just hoped that your friends would be able to move past your death. 

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

Kara couldn't believe it. They were really gone. My best friend. The very first person besides my family to know my secret, gone and there was nothing I could've done to save them she thought. Sobs racked through Karas body as she saw you in the casket for the first time. Alex wrapped her arm around her sisters shoulder and pulled her into her. 

"I am so sorry Kara. I'm sorry." was all she could think to say. Alex knew how important you had been to Kara and she felt responsible for your death. If only she had gotten there quicker or if she had only done more maybe you would still be here. Throughout the whole funeral Alex, Kara, Winn, James, and Lena cried. It seemed as if their tears were never ending. They honestly just couldn't believe they would never see your smile again. They would never hear you make another terrible pun. There would be no more pep talks from you. They would never get to feel one of your hugs again. 

The time for Karas speech came a lot quicker than she was prepared for. She slowly walked up to the front and bit her lip to try and slow the tears that were still streaming down her face.

"(Y/N) is," she takes in a deep breath and lets it out as she corrects herself,

"(Y/N) was the greatest person I ever knew. They were someone you could always count on no matter what. They always put everyone above themselves no matter what it cost them." She felt her lip begin to tremble and let out a soft sob. Alex immediately ran up to be by her sister. She wrapped her in a hug and held her as tight as she could. Kara slowly pulled away from her sister and gave Alex a small watery smile as Kara grabbed her hand.

"Sorry. Its just hard talking about them. (Y/N) has been my best friend since high school and I never.. I never imagined losing them. Especially not so soon. They understood me in a way no one else does. I dont know what I'm going to do without them in my life now but one thing I do know is that I am going to live life to its fullest. Everything I do from now on will be in your memory (Y/N). I love you and I'm going to miss you so much. I'm sorry I can't." Kara quickly took off and everyone looked worried. They all knew Kara had a habit of burying her feelings and doing everything she can to pretend like she isn't hurt. Turns out everyone was right to be worried. After the funeral Kara disappeared for a week. No one could find her. Supergirl still appeared when needed but would immediately leave afterwards. It all came to an end when the crisis happened. Kara was forced to be around everyone 24/7 and she couldn't stand it. All she noticed was that it didn't feel right without her best friend fighting beside her. She couldn't stand all the questions either or all the pitying looks once everyone had found out what happened. Everyone wanted to talk about it but Kara refused. She couldn't talk about you. Just the thought of you still brought tears to her eyes. She just put all her energy into fighting and defending earth like she knew you would've. They were beginning to become overwhelmed though and Kara was starting to get sloppy from exhaustion. Everyone else could see it but no one could to get her to stop. Then came the moment everyone had been dreading. She over exerted herself and fell. She was immediately swarmed by the creatures but before any damage could be done to her a mysterious figure came and shot fireballs at all of the reapers. The mysterious figure immediately ran over and slid down beside her. Kara looked up only for her eyes to meet a familiar pair of (E/C) orbs and she felt all the breath in her chest leave her. 

"(Y/N)." She chocked out as tears began to stream down her face. You took off your mask and gave her small smile as tears began to flood your eyes.

"Its a long story." You told her knowing she would want to know how this was possible. Honestly you yourself still weren't 100% sure how you were alive. All you knew was that some guy had told you that it wasn't your time yet and you had been hidden in some weird place this whole time. You felt Kara laugh herself against you and wrap her arms around you tightly as she sobbed into your shoulder. You knew you would have to explain everything and you would or at least you would try to. Right now though all that mattered was that you had been given a 2nd chance and you were going to make the best of it.