Lucy Lane x Reader

Not a request

Not a request.

You are the younger sibling to Alex and Kara. 

You had once thought that yours and Lucys relationship was unbreakable. Now though all you could do is watch as your girlfriend began to fall out of love with you. The worst part though was that the reasons she was falling out of love with you were the same reasons that made her fall in love with you to begin with.

Warnings- Angst 

A/N- Italics are flashbacks 

(Y/N)- Your Name 

This past month had been hard for you. You and Lucy had begun to fight a lot more and over stupid little things. You knew the end was coming soon and it shattered your heart to think about. You loved Lucy more than you had ever loved anyone in your life. You had been planning to propose to her. You wanted forever with her but it seemed that she no longer wanted forever with you. It seemed like all you did was annoy her and get on her nerves. All the things she used to love about you your humor, your carefree attitude, the pranks you would pull on everyone, your mischievousness were now the reasons for your fights. She used to love when you would tell her cheesy jokes and make her take a break from work. Now though, now it was that you were being childish and too distracting. She didn't like your carefree attitude anymore. You weren't serious enough,

"God (Y/N)! Can you just for one second pretend like you actually care about something and take this serious for one god damn second!" was often said by her. You began to reminisce on all the times before Lucy began to fall out of love with you. You could still remember your first date. God all the horribly cheesy jokes you said that night. A chuckle slipped out your lips as you remembered Lucys laugh.

"Oh god (Y/N). That was horrible." she would say almost every single joke. She would just shake her head at you.

"I can stop if you want me too." you had told her being completely honest. You didn't want to ruin your date. She just grabbed your hand and told you,

"I didn't say I wanted you to stop. Honestly this is probably the best first date I've ever had." A sad smile took over your lips as you thought about how she had loved your jokes and humor back then. Then you felt the tears begin to fill your eyes as you thought about the time you had tried joking around with her and she snapped on you. She had been slightly stressed so you thought that maybe a couple of jokes would help cheer her up. It had always worked for you in the past. 

"What kind of coat is always wet when you put it on?" you had asked her with a bright smile on your face. It had quickly dropped when Lucy turned around and glared at you.

"Can you not right now (Y/N). I don't have the time for those stupid jokes. In case you haven't realized I'm busy with my job right now. If you could stop with the childish bullshit jokes that would be great." After that she had quickly walked away from you leaving you hurt and confused. If you had only known that that was just the beginning of the end maybe you would have cut your losses and run. You felt the tears begin to fall down your face. You remembered 6 months ago when it had been game night and everyone was playing truth or dare.

"Alright (Y/N). Your turn, truth or dare?" Maggie asked you. You took a moment to think about it. You really didn't want whatever dare Maggie probably already had planned for you. 

"Truth." Maggie sighed let down that you hadn't picked dare.

"Party pooper. Alright umm oh I know." she said with a smirk on her face. "You always say that you aren't afraid of anything. I know thats a lie so what is your biggest fear (Y/N)?" You bit your lip as you looked over at Lucy. Without taking your eyes off of her you said,

"My biggest fear is that someone will fall out of love with me for all the same reasons that caused them to fall in love with me." Everyone had been extremely quiet after that.

"Well that will never happen because I can't even imagine not being in love with you." Lucy said before kissing you softly.

You let the sobs escape as you accepted that your biggest was becoming true. Everything that had caused Lucy to fall for you was also going to be the reason she broke up with you. There wasn't anything you could do to stop it from happening and knowing that made the pain in chest grow. You heard the door to your apartment open and tried your best to stop the sobs but it just wasn't working.

"(Y/N)? Are you ok?" Lucy asked you as she came into the bedroom to find you sobbing on the bed. You just shook your head. You couldn't even say anything. She quickly got in bed with you and wrapped her arms around you. You used to feel so safe, loved, and happy in her arms but now all you could think was that this might be the last time she ever held you like this.

"Whats wrong (Y/N)?" You just shook your head again and held onto her as tightly as you could. You weren't sure you could say anything. You heard her sigh. You knew she was frustrated with you. This wasn't the first time she had come home to you crying alone in bed and refusing to tell her why. You felt like if you said it out loud it would make it more real and you weren't sure if you could deal with that right now.

"(Y/N) you can either tell me or I'm going to call your sisters." 

"My biggest fear has come true." was all that you said. Lucy looked down at you confused on what you meant. You knew she needed you to elaborate on what you meant.

"Everything that made you fall in love with me is now the reason why you are falling out of love with me." You said before beginning to sob again. Lucys grip on you slackened slightly and you could feel the panic enter you.

"What are you talking about? That isn't true baby. I know we have had a rough time lately but I still love you." You shook your head. You weren't sure if she didn't see it or if she just didn't want to accept it.

"I'm talking about how my jokes and my humor used to make you laugh and now all they do is make you angry at me. I'm not longer your goofy trouble maker. Now all I am is a childish adult who needs to learn how to grow up and be serious. You have said that to me more than once. I'm never serious enough for you. You snap on me every time I play a prank when you used to be my partner in crime." You were laying the evidence out in front of her and you could see her trying to find an argument against you. You knew she didn't want to accept this anymore than you did. 

"(Y/N). I.. I'm so sorry. I didn't... this isn't how.... we weren't suppose to." Lucy was struggling trying to grasp onto straws that weren't there. You smiled sadly at her as tears began to fall down both of your faces. You both knew what was coming yet neither one of you moved. Eventually you began to try and get up but Lucy held onto you tighter.

"Please (Y/N). Stay. We can fix this. We will find a way to get back to who we used to be." You shook your head your heart breaking at the desperation in her voice.

"There is nothing to do Lucy. I can't stay anymore and continue to break my own heart as the girl I love more than life itself falls out of love with me because of everything that make me me." You could feel you heart shattering into pieces in your chest. You quickly got out of bed and packed a bag. Lucy didn't try to stop you. She just watched you pack your bag. She knew that what you had said was true she just didn't want to accept it. She knew she was falling out of love with you. She didn't mean to. She didn't even know when it had begun. After finishing packing your bag you walked over to her and leaned down. You weren't sure if she would be ok with you kissing her now knowing it was going to be the last kiss the both you shared so you stopped right before your lips met. She leaned up and kissed you. There was nothing sweet or soft about the kiss you two shared. It was fueled by anger and heartbreak. You could both taste your tears on each others lips and it made everything feel so much more real. You both pulled away at the same time.

"I'm sorry." she whispered out all the pain, anger, sadness, and heartbreak displayed clearly in her voice and on her face. You just nodded because you couldn't say anything. You grabbed your bag before leaving the apartment you had shared with her. You knew that after today nothing would ever be ok again.