Maggie Sawyer x Reader

Not a request but idea I had-

Maggie Sawyer falls out of love with the reader for the same reasons she fell in love with them 

You had thought that what you and Maggie had was a forever type of thing. Apparently though for her it wasn't and your worst fear came to life. 

(Y/N)- Your Name

(E/C)- Eye Color

Warnings- Angst, Mentions of Alcohol  

A/N- I know I said I would do some requests but honestly the only requests I have are sweet and fluffy requests and there's nothing wrong with that but I am in an angsty kind of writing mood.

You knew that you and Maggie had hit a rough patch lately. Everything you did seemed to annoy her. At first you just chalked it up to her having bad days at work. She had recently been given a heavier workload and you knew how stressed she was about it. When it continued on for weeks and then months you knew it was more than just a rough patch. You could feel her pulling away from you and you had no idea how to stop it or how to fix whatever was wrong. You had tried multiple things. You tried talking to her about it, you tried giving her space, you tried to cheer her up, you bought and made her gifts, and you even took some time off work to spend more time with her. All any of that did was annoy her though. That wasn't even the worst part though. The worst part was that it seemed like she only acted like this with you. You had first noticed that she only acted like this with you was about 2 months ago. You both had gone to game night and while you were there she laughed and joked around with Lena, James, Lucy, and Alex. Yet whenever you would try to talk to her she got annoyed with you and walked away from you. It had broken your heart and it had caused you to begin to think that maybe you were the problem. After all she was perfectly fine and happy with everyone else. You had been trying to not think about it too much because you were scared of what you would figure out if you thought about it too much. You usually buried yourself into your work but you had been given today off. So here you were laying in your and Maggies bed, gripping onto her pillow so tight your knuckles had turned white with tears rolling down your face. You thought back to when you and Maggie first met.

You couldn't believe that you had been stood up yet again. Maybe dating really wasn't your thing. You sighed as your ordered another (F/D). You were on your 3rd glass already. You figured that if you could drown yourself in alcohol then maybe you would forget the way you were feeling right now. You felt someone sit beside you but you paid no attention to them. You felt a tap on your shoulder and when you turned to tell the person to fuck off you came face to face with the sexiest woman you had ever seen. She had her head titled slightly with a smile on her face and oh god she had dimples. You were so entranced with her you didn't even realize she had spoken to you until she began to wave her hand in front of your face.

"Hey you ok?" You blushed slightly but nodded at her question. The smile began to become a smirk and holy hell it should not be legal for someone to look so sexy. 

"So are you going to answer my earlier question?" She asked you.

"Um, sorry yea sure I can. Just one quick question. What did you ask?" She laughed and your face turned bright red. 

"I asked what an attractive person such as yourself was doing over here by themselves looking as though someone kicked their puppy." Her question made you remember why you were drinking at the bar to begin with. 

"Well, I did have a date but they stood me up." She frowned and looked as if you had just spoken in some unknown language.

"Excuse me? Someone stood you up." She let out a little chuckle. "Well whoever they were they were obviously stupid and don't know what they are missing."

You had spent the rest of that night with her and you ended up going home with her. It didn't evolve into a relationship until months after that night. You were so scared of falling in love with her yet she had made it so easy. You hadn't even realized you fell for her until it had been too late. Thankfully when you had blurted out your feelings to her she had just smiled at you. She had told you she was waiting until you had caught up and then she had kissed you like you were the air she needed to breathe. You had felt so loved and cherished. You began sobbing into the pillow as you thought back onto everything the two of you had been through. You had thought that she was you're forever. She knew all of your biggest fears and here she was causing your biggest fear to come to life. You thought back onto the night you had told her about one of your biggest fears in life. 

Maggie could tell something was bothering you but she had tried to give you space. She wanted you to come to her when you were ready but after you had begun to pull away from her she knew she needed to talk to you. She needed to find out what was going on. It took a little bit but finally she was able to get you to talk and open up to her.

"(Y/N), baby you have to talk to me. How am I suppose to know how to help if you don't tell me what's going on. Don't even try to deny that something is bothering you. I know you. I know that something is going on. I tried giving you space but you have really started to worry me with this little disappearing act you have begun to pull." You bit your lip as you looked away from her. You were trying to keep her from seeing the tears fill your eyes. You didn't know how to tell her what was wrong. You didn't want her to think that you were insecure or weak. You felt her hands on your face. She turned you so you were facing her. You could see the worry enter her eyes as she saw the tears that were in your (E/C) eyes. She pulled you into her lap and held you as close as she could. That was all it took for the tears to begin to flow down your face as sobs escaped from your lips. She whispered in your ear telling you that you were okay and that everything was going to be okay. Finally you had been able to calm down enough to try and explain what had been going on.

"Maggie.. I just... I dont." You began to get frustrated at yourself because you couldn't seem to get it out. She just rubbed your back and let you try and get your thoughts in order. 

"I'm scared." You finally confessed. Before she could say or ask you anything you continued, "I'm scared that you will realize I'm not worth it. I'm scared that one day you will wake up and realize that my laugh is annoying, that my inability to cook is an issue, that my puns aren't cute they are just annoying. I'm scared that everything you love about me will be the same things that you grow to hate. I'm scared that you will fall out of love with me for the same reasons that made you fall in love with me." 

You remembered how she had held you the rest of the night and assured you that could never happen. She had promised you, yet here she was breaking her promise. You couldn't stop the sobs from escaping past your lips. You felt like you couldn't breathe. Your heart felt like it was shattering more with every single moment you thought about. You felt like you were losing apart of yourself and there was nothing you could do to stop it. You had tried everything to save yours and Maggies relationship but now there was nothing to save. You cant remember the last time Maggie had spent the night in bed with you. You began to try and pull yourself together as best as you could. You knew you needed to leave. You couldn't keep doing this to yourself. You were sacrificing every thing that you were in order to try to hold onto your relationship. You didn't know how long you had to pack up your belongings. You never knew when Maggie would be coming back to the apartment anymore. You quickly packed some of your things up. You wrote her a note saying,

You always said that you would never break your promises to me. Yet you broke the most important promise of all. I hope whoever meets you next thinks twice before loving you. I know I should have.

There were tear stains on it that caused the ink to smear slightly but it was still legible enough for her to read whenever she came back and found it. You left your keys to the apartment on top of the note before taking what you had been able to pack and leaving behind the shattered pieces of your heart.