Winn Schott x Reader

Requested from my Tumblr-

If you're talking requests, can you please do a Winn x reader where his girlfriends decides to be James's vigilante partner, the Angel, and Winn is helping her design her suit?

(Y/N)- Your Name

A/N- I know nothing about designing clothes or anything like that but I gave this my best shot. Hopefully you like it.

You had decided that you wanted to be James's vigilante partner. It took quite a bit of convincing for both James and Winn to agree but eventually they realized that having another person out there with James who knew how to fight would be beneficial for them. There were a couple of stipulations though. They were that you couldn't go with James until you had a suit, the suit was to be made by Winn, you absolutely could not tell anyone about James being the guardian not even Alex or Kara, and lastly don't be reckless. You understood though that most of those stipulations were because Winn was worried. You were his girlfriend after all and he had the right to worry Some of the people and occasional aliens that James fought had left him with an array of injuries. Winn just didn't want to see the same happen to you. You knew you would be as safe as possible though because Winn was helping you design and build your suit. You were discussing the design with him. You had just officially decided your vigilante name would be Angel. 

"Ok, since you want to be called Angel for your vigilante name you have to have wings. It only makes since plus that could also help for if you come across any meta-humans or aliens who are able to fly. You don't want them to be too big and bulky though or they could interfere with you speed and maneuvering when fighting on the ground. They are probably going to be the hardest part in figuring out how to design them and what material to build them with." You smiled as you listened to him and were happy he was helping you create your suit. He definitely knew what he was talking about and you would have never thought about how your wings would interfere with you fighting on the ground.

"Alright, well we can worry about what materials to build it with later babe. Right now how about we try to finish designing the rest of my suit and then figure out how to build it." You said to him as you rested your head on his shoulder. He gave a soft chuckle and kissed the top of your head.

"Yea you're right baby. I just am so excited about designing and building your suit. I guess I got a little ahead of myself there. Sorry (Y/N)." 

"No reason to apologize Winn. I love that you are so excited about helping me. Now for the pants and shoe area. I definitely want pants no skirts or anything like that. Also please no heeled boots. I feel like they would mess with my balance too much and throw me off." You told Winn. He nodded along to what you were saying as he was making notes He wanted to make sure that he designed your suit to resemble what you wanted as closely as possible but still make it functional for fighting.

"Ok no skirts. I can do that and for the shoe area do you want something that would go up to your knee like supergirls boots or would you rather something that resembles more of like high-top shoes?" Winn asked you. You took a second to think about it trying to decide which one you would rather have. They both had their pros and cons.

"Would you be able to design something like a high-top shoe but make it to where it automatically tightens to fit me perfectly so that there is no chance of it slipping off? I feel like that would be the best option if its at all possible." Winn wrote something down real quick You couldn't really tell what it was because his handwriting was becoming progressively more messy the longer he wrote

"Yea. I should be able to do that. That was a good idea (Y/N). I didn't even think about that." You smiled as a blush began to take over your face. Winn gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before continuing with his note taking.

"Ok so for the top I was thinking of having like maybe 2 layers. That way it might be easier to design the wings and make them fit properly with the rest of the suit" You weren't exactly sure how 2 layers would help with that but you trusted your boyfriend so you just nodded your head.

"I think a leather jacket type of top would be good. Its not as easy to cut through but it is also flexible. Yea I could do something with a material like leather maybe make it a bit stronger but keep it lightweight so it doesn't slow you down." Winn started to talk more to himself at this point. He was rambling about the different kind of materials and what would be best for certain parts of your suit. Eventually you began to get tired. You couldn't really help it. Winn voice was so relaxing and soothing.

"Hey Winn how about we put a pause on this for the night and go to bed. Maybe after a goods night sleep we will wake up with new ideas on how to make the suit even better." You said to him. He smiled at you and nodded his head. He organized all the notes and little sketches he had made before the both of you headed to bed. In the morning you could both look over what you had and get James to give his opinion on it. See what he thinks about it. Then hopefully after that you would be able to go with James and do vigilante work with him and your boyfriend.